Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2021 Cayenne GTS vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 11:21 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

^ That's a great overall review Ross and mirrors my own experience with the Turbo vs GTS

That being said I went Turbo (and trying to order my 2nd) because I preferred the more luxury/comfy/slightly understated orientation of that model for my daily vs the sporty probably more fun to drive and louder GTS. I know most prefer the latter!
Old 03-04-2022, 11:24 AM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JCL59
Ive also owned both models as daily drivers. Agree the Turbo’s boost is very addictive but for pure driving experience the GTS is much more rewarding and predictable when driven aggressively. GTS When setup with PDCC, PCCB and rear steering is the best handling of all cayennes until the Turbo GT’s show up…

Completely agree with this. The GTS cannot be considered a compromise to the turbo as it adds elements the turbo does not have.

The GT is going to be a beast. If the handling and response feels like the gts, then I will be forced to make the move. Congrats to all the lucky early adopters here on the forum. I am openly jealous and read all your reviews with great interest.

Cheers!

Ross
Old 03-04-2022, 11:29 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 735 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by ggrace
Amazing review, Ross. Thank you!

Turbo was pushing my financial limits but I really just wanted a great sounding V8 and do 90% city driving so figured the GTS was the best choice.

Glad to hear someone who has both agrees.
The Turbo was the only model I didn't test drive last year when choosing a Cayenne variant so thanks to Gasguzlr for the real world comparison. Of the models I drove (base, S, eHybrid, GTS), I thought the GTS had the best handling so I chose that model. Where I live, 90% of the time, you can't use what the GTS has so for me a Turbo would have been a waste. I absolutely love my GTS. My only questions is how much better the handling might have been with PDCC and RWS. I doubt I'll ever find out because at $2.15/L for premium (That's $6.41USD/gallon), I think this will be my last V8. I test drove a Taycan for the first time yesterday. A totally different kind of fun. Enjoy your GTS.
The following users liked this post:
XLR82XS (03-04-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 11:59 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
I doubt I'll ever find out because at $2.15/L for premium (That's $6.41USD/gallon), I think this will be my last V8. I test drove a Taycan for the first time yesterday. A totally different kind of fun. Enjoy your GTS.
I ADROE my Taycan. Big plus not buying fuel for it today's economy makes it a fantastic daily machine. EQS may be the best daily machine for someone not looking for a sports car.
Old 03-04-2022, 01:24 PM
Gasguzlr
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
^ That's a great overall review Ross and mirrors my own experience with the Turbo vs GTS

That being said I went Turbo (and trying to order my 2nd) because I preferred the more luxury/comfy/slightly understated orientation of that model for my daily vs the sporty probably more fun to drive and louder GTS. I know most prefer the latter!
I’m with you... much as I love the GTS, as I said in my earlier post I don’t think I’d Give up the turbo to a GTS. I’m too addicted to the power and feel. But that’s just me and what I’m now used to. But I do really love the way the GTS feels lighter and more responsive under most circumstances. Hence I’m starting to eyeball the Turbo GT as it may be the best of both vehicles.

Cheers!

Ross
Old 03-04-2022, 01:36 PM
CanuckGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 175 Posts

Why GT? Just get an apr tune for 700hp and you'll have it all, without a powertrain warranty
Gasguzlr (03-05-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 09:24 PM
ggrace
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasguzlr
You’re welcome. You’re going to love the GTS. It is a very fun machine and satsfying to drive, especially with rear wheel steering.

Another thing I have noticed is the GTS looks a little sportier than the turbo due to the slightly lower ride height. It has a great stance. Hers has the 22” wheels for summer, and it looks amazing. It makes a difference. As far as ride, the 22’s are fine. My Turbo has the 21’s and they ride pretty much the same, despite what I’ve read. I’m a little jealous of the look, and when it comes time for new shoes I think I’ll switch to the 22’s as well. But it still won’t look quite as sporty due to the squat stance of the gts.

If most of your driving is city driving, the GTS is awesome. And honestly, you are only giving up the top tenth of performance in the upper rpm’s and for daily driving you are losing nothing and gaining a sportier, more responsive drive.

Cheers!

Ross
Yes, I’ve ordered with the 22” Turbo wheels!
Gasguzlr (03-05-2022)

Quick Reply: 2021 Cayenne GTS vs Turbo