Sponsored By:

Pulled The Trigger

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 12:19 PM
John__C
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Arrival port is Jacksonville if that makes a difference for us in Georgia and Florida. Maybe cars come faster to the south vs. new England area?
It is actually the opposite. Ships travel to New England first and then sail down the coast (though some do skip NE and go straight to Jax). It is easier to show than to attempt to explain it so I'll attach their current shipping schedule for any who might be interested.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:34 PM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 147 Posts

Going around and around on Heads Up Display and Night Vision Assist. Could still add them. In the past, on rental cars, I've found HUD distracting and I've turned it off. However it would be true to say that I've never given it a real chance, and maybe I would come to like it. The main reason I'm considering it would be for the Night Vision Assist. I've hit 3 deer in my life, fortunately (for me, not the deer) I just clipped them without severe damage to the cars because of evasive moves on my part (two of them I would have completely missed but they doubled back into my path at the last second).

I don't live in Maryland (where deer are literally everywhere) any more but deer really seem to be on the increase around here in Massachusetts the past few years, I'm seeing more and more of them. And I'm not getting any younger, so some help seeing them might be wise. I know NVA will work without HUD but putting the warning up on the windshield instead of the dash seems much better to me. Combined, they are $4140, or about a 4% increase in the cost of the car I've spec'd.

What say ye?
The following users liked this post:
chassis (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 12:49 PM
John__C
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

Personally, I love the HUD. It puts critical information in a convenient place. And Porsche has a particularly good one (though it is particularly expensive to match). I bought the NVA on my build as well. That one's more of a splurge purchase in my mind. I haven't ever hit anything but I like tech and gadgets so I just wanted to try it. At the end of the day, I think you'll be happy with your purchase either way. I bought them for myself but if that's a financial stretch for you, then you don't really need them.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:52 PM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 147 Posts

It's one of those things: If I buy it I'll never need it and I'll kick myself for wasting money. If I don't buy it I'll probably need it and kick myself for being cheap. hmm.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:13 PM
pbon
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 112 Posts

I was playing with the car configurator a lot when a 2021 S with the black on black we wanted and very close to the options we wanted popped up 60 miles away in MA. It actually had more options than I would have ordered but we got the price down 5% to offset those. Among the options it had extra leather and premium plus and 20” wheels that I might have traded for air suspension and PDCC, but we really like it as it is and my wife prefers the luxury options to handling options. 1000 miles on it and we have had it 3 weeks.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:23 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by icemang
It's one of those things: If I buy it I'll never need it and I'll kick myself for wasting money. If I don't buy it I'll probably need it and kick myself for being cheap. hmm.
Buy both the Performance plus and Assistance packages. You can thank me later

Quick Reply: Pulled The Trigger