Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 02:31 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 255 Likes on 169 Posts
Default Introducing new phone mounts and chargers for Cayenne

Check out our new mounts for new Cayenne at www.t-design9.com . We now have versions of Monaco magnetic wireless charger, Magnum magnetic holder, and mechanical universal phone mount (no pics of that one yet)

Both Monaco and Magnum - completely hidden when the phone is in.

Monaco magnetic wireless charger - about size of credit card

Magnum - small, discreet and super strong
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 12-03-2020, 01:47 AM
donutcritic
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the Monaco (round) compatible with Apple's native magnetic connector on iPhone 12?
Old 12-03-2020, 02:03 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by donutcritic
Is the Monaco (round) compatible with Apple's native magnetic connector on iPhone 12?
The round is called Magnum, it's just magnetic mount. We didn't really have a chance to try it with 12, but it's made of aluminum, and the metal plate on the phone go at the bottom of the phone (to not obstruct the charging circuit in center). So there is no way those little magnets around charging plate on 12 will change anything in the grand scheme of things.
Old 12-04-2020, 02:08 AM
NelsonLee
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by donutcritic
I’d also want something that would mount an iPhone 12 natively. Charging would be secondary on list.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:51 PM
celiawessen
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

The iPhone 12 MagSafe magnetic area is a ring around the charging coils and the coils themselves in the center are not a good magnetic medium. If the Magnum is like other phone mounts, I suspect there are magnets in the center and not a ring around the perimeter.

The only MagSafe compatible mount that I’ve seen tested and working is the one from Belkin. It is just a mount and not a charger.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:39 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We tested the iPhone 12, and it works great with all our magnetic holders just like any other phone. Because the metal plate for our mounts placed at the bottom of the phone and doesn't interfere with iPhone's magnets in any way.

As to using it without any metal plates - the magnets in the iPhone 12 are too weak and small to be used for holding. Really tiny. We tried all the possible combinations, and they can only be used for alignment, just like apple charger does. Try hold and shaking apple charger - the phone falls. Same with our holders. The phone will stay on the holder, when static, but if you start driving, porsche, with G's in the corners.... nah, it will fall.

Can I ask why is putting metal plate at the bottom of the phone case bothering you? It only matters if you use phone naked, with absolutely no case.

Here's inside 12. Those magnets are literally less than 1mm high, and few mm across.

Last edited by t-design; 12-05-2020 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:04 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
Check out our new mounts for new Cayenne at www.t-design9.com . We now have versions of Monaco magnetic wireless charger, Magnum magnetic holder, and mechanical universal phone mount (no pics of that one yet)

Both Monaco and Magnum - completely hidden when the phone is in.

Monaco magnetic wireless charger - about size of credit card

Magnum - small, discreet and super strong

i have a spigen case around my 11 Pro, will this hold it? Will it still charge as well?
Old 12-05-2020, 12:42 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ajcjr
i have a spigen case around my 11 Pro, will this hold it? Will it still charge as well?
Yes. Case just need to be reasonably thin, and flat surface in the lower part. if it's something like this then it's ideal -
Amazon Amazon

Old 12-05-2020, 02:46 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes. Case just need to be reasonably thin, and flat surface in the lower part. if it's something like this then it's ideal - https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Thin-D...7186441&sr=8-5

perfect, is there a rennlist code when ordering, mine is the same case but has a clear backing. Whats the lead time to ship, will order tonight or tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:08 PM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

I have iPhone 12 pro so has magnetic. I used the rennline mount then used apple’s MagSafe charger that sticks to the rennline mount and my phone no prob. Need to hide the wire still but it’s a good setup as long as you have iPhone 12
Old 12-05-2020, 04:08 PM
amet
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hueydumps
I have iPhone 12 pro so has magnetic. I used the rennline mount then used apple’s MagSafe charger that sticks to the rennline mount and my phone no prob. Need to hide the wire still but it’s a good setup as long as you have iPhone 12
tried it and the phone ended on the floor after the first speed bump... YMMV
Old 12-05-2020, 07:56 PM
hueydumps
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amet
tried it and the phone ended on the floor after the first speed bump... YMMV
with the Rennline mount or another one? Rennline magnet is really powerful. I’ve had 500+ miles on mine, even off-roaded with it with plenty of bumps no prob.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:47 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

with the Rennline mount or another one? Rennline magnet is really powerful. I’ve had 500+ miles on mine, even off-roaded with it with plenty of bumps no prob.
The white thing in your picture is an apple charger, no? Not Rennline, I'm confused now
Old 12-06-2020, 02:19 AM
NelsonLee
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by celiawessen
The iPhone 12 MagSafe magnetic area is a ring around the charging coils and the coils themselves in the center are not a good magnetic medium. If the Magnum is like other phone mounts, I suspect there are magnets in the center and not a ring around the perimeter.

The only MagSafe compatible mount that I’ve seen tested and working is the one from Belkin. It is just a mount and not a charger.
Belkin Car Vent Mount PRO with MagSafe

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/HPBJ2ZM/A
[img]blob:https://rennlist.com/9361fdca-486e-4c17-96d9-205c07029597[/img]

OOS till late Jan, wonder if we can rig that to the Rennline mount as I can’t stand vent mounts.

Can I ask why is putting metal plate at the bottom of the phone case bothering you? It only matters if you use phone naked, with absolutely no case.
Simple answer: personal preference.

That’s the ideal setup, but as others have asked, would any bump make the phone come off?
Old 12-06-2020, 08:58 AM
hueydumps
Intermediate

The white thing in your picture is an apple charger, no? Not Rennline, I'm confused now
I have the Rennline magnetic mount, then attached the Apple MagSafe charger to it. So it’s both - works great

Quick Reply: Introducing new phone mounts and chargers for Cayenne