Sponsored By:

Considering a 2019 Cayenne base, need some help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 10:14 PM
LoopGaroo
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Considering a 2019 Cayenne base, need some help

Hello, I'm new to this forum and felt like this would be a great place to ask some questions. I am considering buying a 2019 Cayenne base from a dealer in Southern California. It is a low mileage car and the pics look great it is Porsche Certified Pre-Owned. I would likely be buying this car remotely without laying hands on it. Am I right to trust the CPO designation? Could it possibly be a lemon return, or is there any worry re damage from wildfires out there. SA says no on both. Am I being paranoid? For a little background, I am in Louisiana, I've driven 2019's here, but the local dealer doesn't have any certified cars that meed my buying criteria. I realize I need to flexible on a used car, but the ones local just don't quite tick enough of my boxes. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:23 PM
venom_gt3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you really like the car maybe look into pre purchase inspection. Wild fires here won't affect the cars unless its burnt to the ground. I would look at carfax and ask dealer for maintenance record. If they look good and the price is right I would pull the trigger.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:48 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 754 Posts

PPI is the way to go.

CPO is a joke. No guarantee whatsoever about the car's past. They certify cars with aftermarket crap, previously crashed or track cars without thinking twice about it.
Old 11-12-2020, 10:54 PM
LoopGaroo
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
PPI is the way to go.

CPO is a joke. No guarantee whatsoever about the car's past. They certify cars with aftermarket crap, previously crashed or track cars without thinking twice about it.
Any recommendation on one of the national companies to go with for PPI - or generally how to go about this? I've bought new cars remotely, but this would be my first toe dip into the pool of remote buying for a used one.

Last edited by LoopGaroo; 11-12-2020 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:16 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by LoopGaroo
Any recommendation on one of the national companies to go with for PPI - or generally how to go about this? I've bought new cars remotely, but this would be my first toe dip into the pool of remote buying for a used one.
Sorry, I'm yet to do that as well. I'm certain others will be able to chime in.
Old 11-13-2020, 01:01 AM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

There shouldn't be an issue getting a PPI from an indy shop, plenty of great guys in SoCal that can handle it for you. Take a look in the 911 forum, there's no shortage.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...socal-ppi.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-turb...mendation.html

Best of luck, I am in the market for a new body Cayenne as well...leaning towards a GTS.

Quick Reply: Considering a 2019 Cayenne base, need some help