Cayenne Base 3.0l Exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 12:31 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Cayenne Base 3.0l Exhaust.

Good morning,

I recently picked up a Cayenne Base 3.0L for my wife. Recently we had the car serviced as, like everyone else, we are experiencing break squeak when the car is in reverse. During this time my Wife had a Macan loner car that was fun to pay around with. Her statement to me was that the Macan (base loaner) sounded much better then the Cayenne on start up and laying down the pedal.

My question is, has anyone done any basic modifications to the E3 Cayenne exhaust to beef it up just a little?

My objective is to not spend $5k on a valve'd titanium exhaust but just give the Cayenne a little more exhaust emphasis.

Not voiding warrantee or U.S. exhaust regulations is a bonus!

Thanks for all and any help.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:42 PM
flyfisher
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

I've had the base Macan as a loaner and i think it sounds nothing like the six in the Cayenne. And not in a good way.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:33 AM
Hmet
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I think you can retrofit the OEM sport exhaust option if you do not have it on the car already
Old 09-02-2020, 02:06 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flyfisher
I've had the base Macan as a loaner and i think it sounds nothing like the six in the Cayenne. And not in a good way.
It was the 2020 v6 3.0l Macan, sounded to have a deeper growl to it upon start up and acceleration.

I'm not an expert, nor is the wife (lol). She went from a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7l Hemi v8 to the Cayenne. Just wish it had a bit more aggressiveness to it, that's all.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:08 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hmet
I think you can retrofit the OEM sport exhaust option if you do not have it on the car already
This is what I was thinking removal of a cat or resonator, ill talk with my exhaust guy.

I was wanted to know if anyone has done this to a e3 gen as in my research I haven't found any information.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:05 AM
VishM
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bravoraider
This is what I was thinking removal of a cat or resonator, ill talk with my exhaust guy.

I was wanted to know if anyone has done this to a e3 gen as in my research I haven't found any information.
hey, yeah I did a custom fabricated cat-back straight pipe on my 2020 Cayenne base. Removed the 2 resonators and the muffler. Sounds absolutely amazing! Tons of turbo sounds, plus a nice pop when you downshift at the right rpm. Although there is some drone between 2k-3k rpm, so if that can get bothersome for you, I’d recommend leaving one or both of the resonators in.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Base 3.0l Exhaust.