Full Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 11:09 PM
valexena
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Thank you for respond.
Our dealership offers us that they take car to some upholstery shop and try to fix it, but then the problem appears again.
Since we want to fix the problem permanently, we called to Porsche North America manufacturer. The person we talked promised us to create a claim and send us email, but never responded.
We just waiting for respond. We are not sure to give car to upholstery shop if they saying that it would not solve the problem permanently, but we can get other problems with car.
We believe that Porsche aware of an issue, but does not want to accept it, so we don't know what to do.
If replace the cushions, that possible would be difference in color, so we don't even know what to request.
Any advise is very helpful.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:21 PM
valexena
8th Gear

How many miles do you have on your car? We currently have only 600 ml.
Did you get any respond yet?
Our dealership offered us that they take car to upholstery shop and do something, but that would not to fix an issue permanently and this appears again.
Since we don't like this solution, we called to Porsche North America and person we talked promised us to create a claim and send to us, but never responded.
We are not sure what we should ask them to do? Replace whole chair or replace only seats. In this case can we get in problem that color does not match?
Can you tell what you would like Porsche to do because we are really confused what to request?
Old 09-10-2020, 11:23 PM
valexena
8th Gear

It is not a lease. We would not even talked about it if it was lease.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:35 PM
valexena
8th Gear

Originally Posted by hdawg
i have exactly the same issue . Porsche say this is normal and a characteristic of leather seats . My local dealership sent me pictures of another brand new car in the showroom which had exactly the same .
Thay said my local dealership did say they would document my complaint and send it to head office in stuttgart but given covid this was all put on hold until november.
How many miles do you have on your car? We currently have only 600 ml.
Did you get any respond yet?
Our dealership offered us that they take car to upholstery shop and do something, but that would not to fix an issue permanently and this appears again.
Since we don't like this solution, we called to Porsche North America and person we talked promised us to create a claim and send to us, but never responded.
We are not sure what we should ask them to do? Replace whole chair or replace only seats. In this case can we get in problem that color does not match?
Can you tell what you would like Porsche to do because we are really confused what to request?

valexena is online now Report Post
Old 09-11-2020, 03:56 AM
Hmet
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I don’t think taking it to an upholstery shop would solve the problem (especially with the disclaimer the dealer is giving you beforehand).
i suggest you request Porsche to replace it if you are that unhappy with it. If the color is slightly different it might still be less noticeable to you than this problem.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:25 AM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

every time you drop off you car snap some pictures, my chalk seats looked like crap, a greasy tech used the car for a road trip with his uniform probably, all this after they replaced the door panels and dashboard from damage they caused when installing window tint from using lots of water and not covering the full leather pieces, on the new door panels, one side got some scratches and I was told a touch up, my CF trim got scratched and needs to be replaced and also the door arm rest was not ordered on either side, so now they have to remove the "new" door panels again, to re install those pieces when they arrive, so probably another 3 month wait, in your case, if they re do the seats make sure they return the car in the condition it was delivered or in better condition.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:53 AM
moulari
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Non full leather passenger seat - never really paid attention till I saw this post.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:21 AM
Ray831
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

That looks awful. How long did it take to show up? Thant is not normal wear. Is that just from sitting or did you kneel on the seat?
Old 09-12-2020, 11:35 AM
moulari
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ray831
That looks awful. How long did it take to show up? Thant is not normal wear. Is that just from sitting or did you kneel on the seat?
The car is kid hauler however I am pretty sure no one is kneeling on it. Took delivery 2-26-19 - Cayenne S 18k miles - never really noticed till I saw this post. It’s not as bad in person - picture makes it look way worse. Interesting thing is we all have a similar pattern - could be some sort of machine used in assembly....?

Last edited by moulari; 09-12-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:32 PM
Ray831
Racer

Thanks, sorry if you have already answered this.....Car seat? The pattern looks like two small feet, perhaps the kids have been standing on the seat? I think that the seats should hold up to small kids standing on the seat but car seats can be tough. I'll keep an eye on my seat.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:02 PM
moulari
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ray831
Thanks, sorry if you have already answered this.....Car seat? The pattern looks like two small feet, perhaps the kids have been standing on the seat? I think that the seats should hold up to small kids standing on the seat but car seats can be tough. I'll keep an eye on my seat.
Kids are 13 and 10 - to big for car seats and to tall to stand. Just thinking the pattern is way to similar to the other pics - has to be something in the manufacturing process.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Ray831
Racer

Thanks, Sounds like a seat replacement. I think that they can just replace the seat covers. Those large bubble indentations are not normal.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:45 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

There is a similar thread in the 992 forum. See https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1178...t-bottoms.html.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:59 PM
BeepBeep88
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by valexena
We bought Cayenne 2020 in June with Full Leather Interior Package. Car has only 600 miles and on both driver and passenger seats leather terribly stretched.
I am attaching image. We did not have Porsche before, but all our previous cars had leather and after 10 years using leather was not stretched.
I am wondering is it defect on our particular car or the other Cayennes have this issue.
Hope that someone would respond on this message because we are very upset & don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance!
Porsche is going to start asking for client and client passenger BMI and deny all claims outside of normal lol

all jokes aside, it does look like a quality control issue, but I'd recommend ignoring it as best as possible. Not sure it's worth the aggravation of escalating with Porsche.

Last edited by BeepBeep88; 09-14-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:52 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

I've had a 2009 911S for the past eight years but just sold it At any rate, I had a Carrera red interior and here's what my seats looked like. The DME showed 800 hours of operation so there's been plenty of seat time. I hope the leather in my incoming GTS holds up as well.

Quick Reply: Full Leather Interior