Pirelli Pzero tires questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 12:45 AM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Pirelli Pzero tires questions

Hi guys,

riding with the 22" Pirelli tires, just wondering how you guys are doing, Im getting nails like changing underwear its crazy and also they hit my sport design rear fenders with rocks very bad, just wondering if its the brand and tire ?
Old 07-17-2020, 01:50 PM
A4EP
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts

It isn't the brand but it is the type and size of the tires. I assume the nails are mostly in the rears? What happens is that the wide fronts flick the nails up to the rear tires that then grab them. This is simply the nature of the ultra wide rears. What definitely does not help is the Summer compound because this makes the tire extra sticky on the road and at grabbing nails and rocks and flinging them instead of just rolling over them.

I am hoping more manufacturers come up with all-season options for the staggered 22" set but I don't see anything coming down from any vendors today (I am in the tire business). Pirelli has an all-season for the back in the P-Zero All-Season but then the front is only available in the Scorpion All Season so the patterns are not the same. Nitto has an all-season fitment but performance may not meet your needs.

I had a nail on the outside edge occur on my rears a couple months ago and I had to replace the tires in back so I kept the tire that did not have a puncture because it was about 50% worn. Having this spare will help with the next nail if it is non-repairable because it will be able to match up no matter what the wear on the tires.

I am also getting a set of 21" winter wheels and am going to run the Vredestein Wintrac Pro on them, keeping the 22"s just for the summer. Seeing the dimensions of the 21" are almost the same as the 22" I will be able to see if they flick road hazards less than the summers.

The following users liked this post:
solrac6262 (07-17-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 05:23 PM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

got it, Thanks for the info, positive side is I have tire policy, but its very inconvenient 3 weeks ago dealer also replaced a rear one, but like you are saying this tires pick up all debris rocks, my wider rear flares are getting all messed up by rock chips
Old 07-19-2020, 06:12 AM
hdawg
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Running 21 inch pirellis and no nails yet.
The following users liked this post:
PorscheACC (07-19-2020)

Quick Reply: Pirelli Pzero tires questions