Sponsored By:

Car Wash Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 06:04 PM
atrac7
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Car Wash Options

How do members in this forum wash their car? I bought my first ever car that is black, and now I "get it". Usual comment echos from me now to my wife: "looks great when clean, drives me crazy the other 99% of the time".

I'm debating between investing in some quality gear to wash at home, or if i should find a good car wash service near by. I prefer hand wash, but I recently moved and the one guy I used to go to is now pretty far a way. Would pay him $20 bucks a wash before and he'd do an excellent job.

Any tips on cleaning products to help speed up time + add quality to my washes if I do stick to home washes only? I.E. Foam cannon, efficient drying processes, etc.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of good car wash places in the Metro Dallas area, I'd be willing to check them out too.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:21 PM
tnq
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Since my car is ceramic coated, a power washer, foam cannon, and ladder to reach the roof does the trick. for drying i just use a leaf blower since the water is already beading off. start to finish in about an hour with wheels if im working fast.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:01 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Master Blaster for touch free drying:

Air Force Master Blaster Revolution with 30' Hose MB-3CDSWB-30 MB-3CD SWB-30

Amazon has it -- 30' hose is very helpful.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:52 PM
Spyderwheels
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Get an aluminum painters platform to reach the roof. Don’t know how I lived without one for so long. You can walk along the side of the car without moving it. Makes cleaning and drying glass roof a breeze. Also a silicone water blade (purple handle) and a 3 foot painters pole makes drying all the glass streak free and easy. McKees 37 is a great soap for a foam cannon or foam gun. I also have an assortment of foam brushes for the wheels. (21” Spyders). I bought a blower to dry the car and didn’t like it. Korean micro fiber towels have no seams and no edging so they won’t scratch. Easy enough to dry the car by hand. Mine is Quartzite Gray and I hate a dirty car. I had black before this one. They both always look(ed) pristine but gray is more forgiving!
Old 07-10-2020, 12:29 AM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 333 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by atrac7
Alternatively, if anyone knows of good car wash places in the Metro Dallas area, I'd be willing to check them out too.
If you want to be upset about how your black car looks the other 1% of the time, take it to an automatic car wash. Or said another way, I would never put my Cayenne through a car wash - and that would go double if my car was black (it isn’t). I have a guy who hand-washes my Cayenne. If the guy I take it to closed up shop, I’d find someone else or wash it myself. An automatic car wash is an invitation to paint scratches and other mishaps.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 105 Posts

There's a lot of info:
https://rennlist.com/forums/concours-and-car-care-86/

Quick Reply: Car Wash Options