Sponsored By:

i said, don't update the software...now i have gps and hvac bugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 04:29 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 375 Likes on 279 Posts
Default i said, don't update the software...now i have gps and hvac bugs

So July 1st, I told my dealer when they asked: don't update the software. they updated it anyway. i don't know how they could miss understand me, even though I was clear, i think they just couldn't imagine someone not wanting it updated. I said, don't update it, i only have one bug now, and I am okay with that bug, I do not want the update. guess what, i still have the initial bug "oil pressure shows as dashed upon start" - if you change the view, then change it back, oil pressure shows.

PLUS, now i have this odd gps bug, which has occurred occurred 3 times starting July 5th, video in link below.

AND, hvac shuts off for a second or two, then comes back on. It does this while driving no matter what drive mode, so it is nothing to do with eco/normal mode.

any thoughts? are these known issues?
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0...w#gps_behavior
Old 07-25-2024, 06:39 PM
retom
Pro

Received 386 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
So July 1st, I told my dealer when they asked: don't update the software. they updated it anyway. i don't know how they could miss understand me, even though I was clear, i think they just couldn't imagine someone not wanting it updated. I said, don't update it, i only have one bug now, and I am okay with that bug, I do not want the update. guess what, i still have the initial bug "oil pressure shows as dashed upon start" - if you change the view, then change it back, oil pressure shows.

PLUS, now i have this odd gps bug, which has occurred occurred 3 times starting July 5th, video in link below.

AND, hvac shuts off for a second or two, then comes back on. It does this while driving no matter what drive mode, so it is nothing to do with eco/normal mode.

any thoughts? are these known issues?
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0...w#gps_behavior
Try the hard resetting of the controllers by disconnecting the battery for 15-20 minutes. In my experience, disconnecting the battery in a new Cayenne does not cause any car settings to be lost. Perhaps this will help.
Old 07-25-2024, 11:20 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

I have that HVAC issue as well, along with my porsche connect going south, car is in the dealership to get that fixed along with about 7 other SW related gremlins.
Old Yesterday, 05:12 AM
i386_64
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Left the car in the service 15 days ago. Now it's not saving any favourites in the navigation system. Every time I start the car, it gets reset to empty list.

That's all? No. 360 cameras started to work glitchy, sometimes a couple of cameras, if not all, stop working. Imagine you're in a very tight spot with that, the camera is not working.

I genuinely wonder if they have tested it at least for once before the release. If it's Porsche, don't touch anything works. This thing is one hella time bomb.

Last edited by i386_64; Yesterday at 05:19 AM.

Quick Reply: i said, don't update the software...now i have gps and hvac bugs