Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

To Cayenne or not to Cayenne??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 01:58 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

Regardless of whether full matrix capability is ever approved by DOT / NHTSA, the PDLS+ headlights looks mean as all get out in my subjective opinion. Very aggressive and expensive-looking, which would be expected for a $2K set of upgraded headlights.

My point is, we could not have cared less whether the functionality ever becomes available on our Turbo. It would be nice, but it did not factor into the decision. It was purely a cosmetic upgrade for us.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:20 PM
beefchopper
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Regardless of whether full matrix capability is ever approved by DOT / NHTSA, the PDLS+ headlights looks mean as all get out in my subjective opinion. Very aggressive and expensive-looking, which would be expected for a $2K set of upgraded headlights.

My point is, we could not have cared less whether the functionality ever becomes available on our Turbo. It would be nice, but it did not factor into the decision. It was purely a cosmetic upgrade for us.
I ordered it as well knowing the cosmetic improvement alone justified adding it to my configuration but in addition I do expect it to become fully functional in the not too distant future.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:36 PM
rn2dy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, new buyer here from LA, I am ordering a base now with 25k options, regarding to the model year does it make sense at all to wait for new model year since I am likely to get it in Aug/Sept?
Old 04-26-2019, 03:46 PM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by rn2dy
Hi, new buyer here from LA, I am ordering a base now with 25k options, regarding to the model year does it make sense at all to wait for new model year since I am likely to get it in Aug/Sept?
Sorry to stick my nose in, and I know this isn't what you asked, but have you contemplated a lightly optioned S or e-Hybrid instead? At +/- $90k you still get a decently equipped S or e-H.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:39 PM
rn2dy
Track Day

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Sorry to stick my nose in, and I know this isn't what you asked, but have you contemplated a lightly optioned S or e-Hybrid instead? At +/- $90k you still get a decently equipped S or e-H.
you are right, I think I am the type want more features than a big engine. I owned a GUILIA QV which also has 2.9 twin turbo so I think I don’t need another one. A bit silly comparison but not sure really if I should get the S or not...

Last edited by rn2dy; 04-26-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:18 PM
GTF
Track Day

I emailed NHTSA and told them to hurry up and approve the Matrix lighting.
I'm sure they'll get right on it.

Neighbor gave me ride in his new GT this afternoon. Sweet!

Quick Reply: To Cayenne or not to Cayenne??