Notices
Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - 3rd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is paint protection worth it on new cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 12:53 PM
dspvend
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I remember buying a bra that you put on the front of the car. Had a 1986 BMW 325es and was so upset when I'd get a rock chip on the hood! Those are a thing of the past and Xpel is the thing now!
Old 03-23-2019, 08:53 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,161 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Scurry
Personally, I am passing on my new Cayenne. PPF is just not effective against immobile concrete objects, other cars, garage doors, and railroad crossing arms. Just ask my wife. I am saving my money for the insurance deductible.
Railroad crossing arms? What's the story if there can even be one?
Old 03-24-2019, 01:23 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Railroad crossing arms? What's the story if there can even be one?
Indeed. I'm in the same boat as Captain Scurry (ha!). The Turbo is my wife's car. I know it'll get a little dinged up here and there with her driving and parking, so dropping extra cash on PPF would be an exercise in futility. But if the car were mine, and not driven on the interstate every day, I think it'd be a good choice.

I would like to hear about that railroad crossing, too. I think that beats backing into another car in a parking lot while watching the rearview camera screen.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:25 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,914 Likes on 5,192 Posts

No, it's just a SUV.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Captain Scurry
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JCWLS3
Indeed. I'm in the same boat as Captain Scurry (ha!).

I would like to hear about that railroad crossing, too. I think that beats backing into another car in a parking lot while watching the rearview camera screen.
Railroad crossing arm story: Extremely hard working and exhausted wife was driving home from the hospital in rhe middle of the night. Approaches the railroad crossing (on a curve in the road) when lights start flashing. Immediately stops, but did so in the direct path of the crossing arm. Too afraid to pull forward or backup (maybe too tired to think quickly), the arm proceeds to bang up and down continuously on the roof of the Cayenne until the train passes. Luckily, damage was mild!

Quick Reply: Is paint protection worth it on new cayenne?