Sponsored By:

PCCB on new Cayenne...Noisy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 04:56 PM
gt3touring
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Default PCCB on new Cayenne...Noisy?

I'd like to get some feedback about the PCCBs on the new Cayenne.

I have PCCB on my GT3 Touring and they are noisy. I can live with it on a sports car, but my wife might not appreciate it driving the Cayenne.

How is the noise for those with the PCCB option on the new Cayenne?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:41 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine have been silent. Very impressed with my PCCB especially compared to the CCB I had on a prior M5.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:01 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

We love love LOVE (I’ve used that a few times lately here!) the PCCBs in our Turbo. My wife hasn’t heard a thing from them, and I as well except for a one-time noise occurrence. I had a continuous squeal from the right-rear after parking in our garage at work all day after a morning rainstorm. It made a racket all the way down and out the garage in slightly embarrassing fashion.

As soon as I hit the street and had some room, I accelerated and stomped the hell out of the brakes, as we were told by various people to do — including an 80ish gent in his 911 Turbo S convertible whom we met (along with his sweet wife) in the service drive at our dealer. Noise gone. Problem solved.

Despite the fact that the standard brakes are good enough, and PSCB even better, I’d spend the cash on PCCB again in a heartbeat. They look incredible and perform even more so.

Highly recommended from a newbie Porsche owner, and first-time carbon-ceramic buyer. The cast-iron Brembos on our SS make more noise than our PCCBs.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:21 AM
fkim011
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I have driven 6K on my CTT with PCCB's and they have been dead silent.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:30 AM
gt3touring
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad to hear the great feedback on the new PCCBs! Seems like Porsche have found the right pad compound to keep things quiet.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:54 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gt3touring
Glad to hear the great feedback on the new PCCBs! Seems like Porsche have found the right pad compound to keep things quiet.
Assuming the rotors hold up as their reputation indicates, I think you’ll love ‘em. They are our favorite ridiculous option, just ahead of PSE.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:08 PM
tmack2012
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, quick question re. PCCB's. I am on the Macan side (and 958.1 Cayenne Diesel), just bought a 2016 CPO Macan Turbo, love it! Had just over 5,000 miles on the odo when delivered, can't believe it.

Anyways, the brakes are really grabby, very much on /off hard to modulate, especially in the super cold weather we've been having, a bit better when air temperatures ore mild.

Question - re. bedding in, is it "too late" to try bedding in the PCCB's at this time ( again 3 years old with <6,000 miles on the vehicle now)

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-03-2019, 02:35 AM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tmack2012
Hey guys, quick question re. PCCB's. I am on the Macan side (and 958.1 Cayenne Diesel), just bought a 2016 CPO Macan Turbo, love it! Had just over 5,000 miles on the odo when delivered, can't believe it.

Anyways, the brakes are really grabby, very much on /off hard to modulate, especially in the super cold weather we've been having, a bit better when air temperatures ore mild.

Question - re. bedding in, is it "too late" to try bedding in the PCCB's at this time ( again 3 years old with <6,000 miles on the vehicle now)

Thanks in advance!
Duplicate post. See my response in the following thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...ueal-pscb.html. We did nothing special to bed-in our PCCBs.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:03 PM
TTurbine
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3touring
I'd like to get some feedback about the PCCBs on the new Cayenne.

I have PCCB on my GT3 Touring and they are noisy. I can live with it on a sports car, but my wife might not appreciate it driving the Cayenne.

How is the noise for those with the PCCB option on the new Cayenne?

Thanks in advance!

Silent until have way through

Quick Reply: PCCB on new Cayenne...Noisy?