Sponsored By:

New Cayenne build quality

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 10:24 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
Default New Cayenne build quality

So I just got my new Cayenne Turbo and I must say that I am not thrilled with how the car put together. The previous model was built like a tank. This one is more delicate, lighter... and cheaper. My Audi Q8 feels way more solidly build. And the quality of HUD in the Cayenne is simply a joke - blurry, uninformative. Doe anyone else disappointed with their new Cayenne?
Old 01-05-2019, 11:47 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmobil
So I just got my new Cayenne Turbo and I must say that I am not thrilled with how the car put together. The previous model was built like a tank. This one is more delicate, lighter... and cheaper. My Audi Q8 feels way more solidly build. And the quality of HUD in the Cayenne is simply a joke - blurry, uninformative. Doe anyone else disappointed with their new Cayenne?
So interesting Wolfmobil. It shows how subjective these things are! I feel like my new Cayenne turbo may be the best car I've ever owned. The build quality feels incredible. The engine is a bit quieter than I imagined, but overall I've been crazy impressed.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:16 AM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've only had mine for a few days but am impressed with the build quality. I had a 2014 GTS that was great but I think this one is better in nearly all respects. In particular, the transmission is a big improvement. I have the full club leather and it smells and looks great. Time will tell but for me looks great so far and better than my recently departed X5M (which I loved).
Old 01-06-2019, 07:07 AM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel my Cayenne is very solid and well built. I couldn't be happier.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:58 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

I feel my new Cayenne is probably the best built car I've ever owned. Even more solid than multiple GT cars and other high end exotics.
The following users liked this post:
bdronsick (11-19-2022)
Old 01-06-2019, 11:59 AM
flyfisher
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

As much as we liked our diesels, our new Cayenne is even better. Best vehicle we've ever owned.
The following users liked this post:
bdronsick (11-19-2022)
Old 01-06-2019, 03:32 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 176 Posts

I’m sort of in-between. We’ve had some electronic gremlins (blue-screen of PCM; “forgetting” of radio Favorites; weird hill-hold feature that refused to let go of hold until we shifted into Park, then drive). But overall the car feels like a chunk of granite. It drives with great substantiality, to use a goofy but appropriate word.

I have posted elsewhere that we have been almost exclusively Japanese for two decades — Infiniti, Honda, Mazda, Acura. Our experience is those cars never break; rarely have glitches; and visit that dealerahip for unplanned maintenance once in a blue moon. In short, we’ve gotten spoiled.

That being said, our beloved 2016 Chevy SS is in the shop for a silent recall on the piston rings. Didn’t even know there was a problem until our service adviser told me about it during a routine oil change. And my wife’s boss has a new Cadillac XT5 that puked coolant all over her garage floor just TWO DAYS IN to ownership, and required a flatbed to the dealer.

Quality is relative nowadays. If our Turbo has only minor electronic gremlins that can be fixed over time with firmware updates and the like, I can deal with that. Anything more will result in us bring one-time customers.

And interestingly, the Q7s we test-drive felt flimsy and soft compared with the Cayenne.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

The 958 Cayenne has an inordinate amount of Chinezium components, compared to my 955 Turbo.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne build quality