Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ordered my E-Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 01:16 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 70 Posts

I haven't personally heard of or experience V110, but submitting my build was a little weird at first. In my initial build, I added the smoking package because I've had it in all my other Porsches, and the build was accepted and I received V200. Once I realized how stupid the package was (hinders center console space), I asked my SA to remove it and the build went down to V100 "Feasibility Check Failed". This was really weird, but we tried it twice with the same results. I'm thinking the system is still too new for the Hybrids, so I'll have him try it again in January/February.

For your deviated stitching, I'd believe that each color corresponds with a different option code. If you look at your spec, it says "LZ" under the Deviated Stitching/Center option signifying the color, but it's possible that field is "grayed out" on their computer.

If there's anything I've learned in the ordering process, you have to be persistent and not afraid to ask the same question multiple times to make sure it gets done correctly. I'd check in with your SA every once in a while to see if Atlanta has confirmed. My SA emailed corporate about the smoking package issue, and he still hasn't told me if they responded...
Old 12-14-2018, 01:20 AM
ssiminou
Banned

One more thing. On your build, you added the Decorative Valve Sleeves with a quantity of four. The description says that one set for $64 comes with four sleeves, so you'd be ordering sixteen decorative valve sleeves for $256. Small thing, but I still wanted to reach out and make sure that wasn't done by error...
Old 12-14-2018, 01:34 AM
Gmoe01
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks very much! I appreciate the help. And yes, I did make a mistake with the decorative valve covers!
Old 12-14-2018, 01:34 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by ssiminou
I haven't personally heard of or experience V110, but submitting my build was a little weird at first. In my initial build, I added the smoking package because I've had it in all my other Porsches, and the build was accepted and I received V200. Once I realized how stupid the package was (hinders center console space), I asked my SA to remove it and the build went down to V100 "Feasibility Check Failed". This was really weird, but we tried it twice with the same results. I'm thinking the system is still too new for the Hybrids, so I'll have him try it again in January/February.

For your deviated stitching, I'd believe that each color corresponds with a different option code. If you look at your spec, it says "LZ" under the Deviated Stitching/Center option signifying the color, but it's possible that field is "grayed out" on their computer.
Interesting. Like you, I always have the smoking package because that's where I connect the battery tender. I know in the hybrid that is moot. However I find without the cover, that hole looks strange. That is why I ordered the smoking package. Well, different people, different opinions
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Gmoe01
Advanced

My Order status moved from V110 to V200 on 12 December. Exit Port Benicia expected date is 06/07/2019.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:55 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by Gmoe01
My Order status moved from V110 to V200 on 12 December. Exit Port Benicia expected date is 06/07/2019.
That's great news. Make sure the quantity of tire valve stems are changed though. It also tells me that your build was accepted without the Smoking Package, so there should be no reason for my build to be rejected. But I've bothered my SA enough, I'll ask him to try it again in January.

Exit port date doesn't match the on-sale date seen in screenshots, so I'm a little confused on which one to believe. The on-sale date last time I was told was in August, but both are cars are going through the same port (and eventually probably on the same boat) with the same exit date. This is all pretty exciting!
Old 12-15-2018, 01:16 PM
Gmoe01
Advanced

Thanks! My SA said that the decorative valve covers are provided by the dealer, so he already fixed it. He also said that he thinks the August for sale date is a conservative estimate based on EPA approval process uncertainty. We will see.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:54 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,241 Likes on 483 Posts

I have one ordered for the wifey. Crazy how expensive these things have become. However, after buying numerous GT cars over the years I was not in a situation to tell her no!
Old 12-16-2018, 02:08 AM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by disden
I have one ordered for the wifey. Crazy how expensive these things have become. However, after buying numerous GT cars over the years I was not in a situation to tell her no!
What is your expected delivery date? A lot of us are hearing August, but the tracker sheets show June. PEC estimate July in their email to me...
Old 12-24-2018, 09:23 AM
BOS991.2
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I submitted an order for an e-hybrid a few months ago. Was told eta ~March - April of 19, and when I asked SA for an update this week I was told July - Aug for eta and that my build had locked. So new eta in line with what is being discussed on this thread but am pretty disappointed in the SA for not reaching out and letting me know about such a massive delay. With the delay are builds still locking or did SA just tell me mine locked to try to get me to not back out on the order?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PK3TR9V1

Want satin black wheels to match my JBM GT3 touring but have been told no CXX so will just have them painted.

Cheers
Old 12-24-2018, 04:14 PM
ssiminou
Banned

Originally Posted by BOS991.2
I submitted an order for an e-hybrid a few months ago. Was told eta ~March - April of 19, and when I asked SA for an update this week I was told July - Aug for eta and that my build had locked. So new eta in line with what is being discussed on this thread but am pretty disappointed in the SA for not reaching out and letting me know about such a massive delay. With the delay are builds still locking or did SA just tell me mine locked to try to get me to not back out on the order?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PK3TR9V1

Want satin black wheels to match my JBM GT3 touring but have been told no CXX so will just have them painted.

Cheers
I would ask your SA for the screenshot of all the V statuses and their dates to see when the car reached V250, where it’s officially locked. If you can still make edits, I’d consider adding the normal version of your rims, not the satin platinum version, because if you’re going to end up painting them, it might be easier to paint straight onto the alloys rather than having to remove the platinum satin paint. And you’d also save some money. Did you consider adding one of the packages to your build rather than separate options?

also, the screenshot will show you what expected delivery is. My schedule said June delivery, but Porsche kept saying July/Aug. PEC said July, but that could just be because PEC cars suffer a little delay over the counterparts. I’m hoping for the $2500 off and free three year maintenance they offered to Panamera Hybrid customers waiting certification, to make up for it.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:22 AM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 656 Posts

wrong thread

Last edited by Pad Bender; 07-28-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:27 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 733 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Interesting. Like you, I always have the smoking package because that's where I connect the battery tender.
Interesting. I was told by my dealer that the only 12V receptacle that stays live after the car is shut off (+15 mins) is the one on the passenger side up behind the glove box. The Porsche Tequipment Li-ion charger manual says: open the car door, plug charger into the 12V receptacle, plug it into the wall outlet, select the correct mode, close the door, walk away without locking it. That works for me. When I tried locking the door, the charger shut off.

Last edited by kayjh; 07-28-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Ordered my E-Hybrid