Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Favorite Color for the Cayenne Exterior?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 10:34 PM
e30rapidic
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 247 Posts

My GTS is black, a safe colour that looks freaking sweet when clean. Stays clean for about 4 hours on a good day lol

I like the Cayenne in white, dark blue and umber. Really love a red GTS but couldn't find one with the right interior and pano roof.

The F10 M5 in Monte Carlo Blue was really yanking the heart strings before I pulled the trigger on the GTS.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:14 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by BladeMD
But I'd take your sapphire blue GTS in a heartbeat! That's damn gorgeous and very similar to exactly what I built on the configurator a few days ago! Well done!

Please let me know when your ready to sell or trade in!
Thanks!

I tend to keep vehicles for a decade. This one definitely, unless something tremendously odd goes wrong with it.

I'm still on the fence about the cohiba brown seats.. they're a kind of 'peanut butter brown' in color. I like it, and it complements the blue nicely, but I don't know that I love it. But that's one area where the factory options on colors are less than ideal. I didn't want a brown or beige dash, but didn't want excessively dark seats. There wasn't a leather black/beige combo. At least not without hemorrhaging money on special selections. I'd never seen the cohiba brown in person and the website pictures do not really represent it effectively.

I tried using the configurator and didn't see sapphire blue as an option. I know it's an add-on cost (metallic) but it wasn't PTS.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:50 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by e30rapidic
My GTS is black, a safe color that looks freaking sweet when clean. Stays clean for about 4 hours on a good day lol.
Ditto on the bright blue. It seems even on the driest of days there's enough moisture to get tossed off the wheels to the adjacent lower body trim. That and soot from the exhaust on the trim around the rear pipes.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:06 PM
TXCayenne1
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BladeMD
No color shows off the sculpture of your rolling art better than silver.
I agree with this.

I had seen plenty of Cayenne's roll past me and none really caught my eye until I saw a silver beauty. I had even ridden several times in a friend's black GTS. I thought that it was a cool ride, of course, but it didn't seem to stand out to me. That silver really allowed me to study the vehicle itself and "pop."

I'm now the proud owner of a '16 Rhodium Silver Cayenne. Haha.

That said, I really like dark blue, sapphire blue, and umber. White is growing on me, even though I've never had a white car in my life.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:31 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCayenne1
That said, I really like dark blue, sapphire blue, and umber. White is growing on me, even though I've never had a white car in my life.
White has grown on me - and I think the Cayenne CTT looks pretty awesome in white actually. It has the advantages of:

1. Cooler in the summer sun.

2. Doesn't show dirt. The only color better for this is beige. And I won't own a beige car (Camry anyone?) I owned a few black cars - they drove me nuts keeping them looking nice. On a white car you have to look closely to see it's dirty.

3. Doesn't register with cops. Owned a few red cars. Only cars I ever got pulled over in. White SUV - hey - it's a mom-mobile to the cop. It's damn near invisible to them. I like that.

I really DO prefer it over the black on the CTT - since the front end on the white one really shows off the three big grilles. On a black one - it's all black and they sort of disappear. If I had a black one I'd probably paint the grilles a granite color just so they could be seen. Silver to me is the "every other BMW" color. BMWs come in three colors. Most - silver, next-most - black, third-most - white. There are just too many silver German cars floating around for me to get excited by them (and I've owned about 4 of them..)

This is a good case of to each his own. I have a friend who will only own black cars. Usually with black interiors. I think he thinks it makes him look "bad"..
Old 05-06-2017, 03:12 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

This ^^ ... (but of course bias on our part, right Don).

and with my vote in the white corner.... taking que' for a few more white pics....

.... but I gotta add that Bill's (wkearney99) Sapphire Blue Cayenne color is outstanding. If I were choosing a color for a brand new purchase, I think this color would trump even my desire for contrast of grills, blackout options, etc. That thing is stunning....

Last edited by bweSteve; 05-06-2017 at 04:03 PM. Reason: cuz Bill's Sapphire Blue deserves a shout out.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:48 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,734 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Steve, the only thing i would change is the front skid plate to that aluminum.

I wonder what it would look like painted black?
Old 05-08-2017, 01:33 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

yea, I've seen this before (pic below),.... I liked it at first due to the separation it gave the two air inlets on each side,... BUT, the only thing I didn't like about it, was losing the contrast to all the individual black grilled rectangles along the upper section of the skid plate....

Old 05-08-2017, 01:50 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Steve, the only thing i would change is the front skid plate to that aluminum.

I wonder what it would look like painted black?

I'll have to get a better shot next time it's out of the garage.. I rather like the black lower bits - it makes the Cayenne look lower IMHO.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:11 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

So I am looking at a Cayenne that is Sand White. Does anyone have an example or a standard white and sand white next to each other? If not, is there a verbal description you can help give me?

The pictures make it look like regular white...but I'm sure there is a subtle difference. Curious for other's opinions.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:40 PM
th3n1nj2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a silver CD, that also has a plastic wrap right around except on the tail gate. My whole family has white 4x4s to counter the african sun! It is brutal. But After seeing otis in that auburn/maroon colour, I am in love with that colour. Is it matt? Never seen one like that and there are tons of Cayennes in Cape Town.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:07 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by e30rapidic
My GTS is black, a safe colour that looks freaking sweet when clean. Stays clean for about 4 hours on a good day lol

I like the Cayenne in white, dark blue and umber. Really love a red GTS but couldn't find one with the right interior and pano roof.

The F10 M5 in Monte Carlo Blue was really yanking the heart strings before I pulled the trigger on the GTS.
you must be my twin

We wanted a Red GTSm looked for a few months, couldn't find one. A black GTS showed up in Charlotte, had the pano roof , roof rails and right interior we wanted..

black has grown on me. Never tried to keep it clean because its impossible. Looks best when absolutely filthy
Old 01-05-2018, 04:09 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Then again,... speaking of Mansory,.... when you start putting all that darker carbon fiber all over the p!g, it would probably look gaudy on Peridot.

But how bout this bad a$$ Mansory machine....

Btw, I own boring white. But I LOVE it simply because it contrasts with the dark openings in the front grill areas, dark tires/rims, dark windows & blacked out trim.
So for me,... it's my own love of contrasts.
to each his own I guess. Thats looks tacky, looks like a bloated Pontiac Vibe
Old 01-05-2018, 05:12 PM
trendy996
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m one for very stand out colors and also one for not owning a car that is of the same color as another car I own. With that being said I ran across this gem and had to have it.
Sand Yellow CS

For another color i would have chose would would have been red. For some reason I just love how the SUVs look in red. I would also choose any other wild vibrant color.

My CS didn’t come this way. I modified it very quickly. I just can’t stand a stock vehicle.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:49 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carmine Red

I would have to go with Carmine Red

The following users liked this post:
Nanteos (01-14-2024)

Quick Reply: Favorite Color for the Cayenne Exterior?