Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Favorite Color for the Cayenne Exterior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 11:15 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by trendy996
Only thing I hate about clear bra wrap is that it yellows and dogs after time. It will also crack.
How old is your information / experience with yellowing & cracking clear film?

I ask because I have had XPEL Ultimate on my 2012 CTT since the day it was new (June 2012),.. and mine is a WHITE vehicle, so any yellowing would definitely be seen.
It is still as clear as it was when new (which is to say that yes, you can still "see" that it is on there),... but certainly has not yellowed any.
I have 55k miles on it,... but I will also add that I keep my Cayenne in my garage when not in use.

The newer products are much much better than the stuff they were using 10+ years ago.

=Steve
Old 01-09-2018, 03:01 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by th3n1nj2
Hmm, so the satin wrap you put on, give it a slight matt look. It is awesome. I have a plastic wrap on my car. The first owner put it on. It is a clear wrap. From far you can't tell that there is a wrap on it. The plastic wrap is a brilliant idea for the bush. It was a bonus that it had it on for me. I also have the OEM Porsche 18" rims on(different to yours). I don't think I can get General AT2 Grabbers in South Africa. My brother in law has the BFG KO2's on his ranger. So I will be able to get those here. I am looking to put on 255/65 R18. As far as I can tell, that will fit on my 2011 CD!?
Did not see a BFG KO2 in the 255/65 R18 size. They do have a 255/55 R18 that has a diameter of 29" which is the same as the OEM stock tire. We are looking to put the 255/55 R18 BFG KO2s on ours next. Note if the 255/65 R18 size is available you would have to check the diameter which should not be that much larger than stock.
If available in SA, the General AT2 Grabbers have given us very good service over a wide range of terrain for the past five years. Only looking at the BFG KO2s for a change,
The General Grabber X3 is now out but appears to more of a MT vs AT and the diameter is larger than we can use. Probably the toughest tire is also not available in a size we can use: https://www.nokiantires.com/company/...ockproof-tire/

Quick Reply: Favorite Color for the Cayenne Exterior?