Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Diesel - Performance Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 12:34 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Damn, I don't like seeing all these issues with BlueSpark on post fix CDs. Mine is already on it's way to me. Is there anyone successfully using it on a post fix truck?
Old 03-05-2018, 09:25 PM
pocotaligo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I reinstalled, after fix, at factory setting B5 as before, which was great. Wife drives car, she complained skipping and lag in acceleration. Contacted BS and reset to E6, better, but she she says its skips and stutters some time. Not the same after fix, without BS, not bad, but maybe wishful thinking for days gone by with the fix and BS. I need to drive it some and mess with settings, if it acts up, I'll take it out. Shame, it was a phenomenal addition before the fix remap.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:14 AM
canon_mutant
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got sick and head to sell my Pepper but have the same TDI in the Q5 I bought for the wife. The same BS worked fine before the emissions fix. I used mostly D9 and E8. I am anxious to put it back on post emissions fix to see if it still works? Given how it works and what the fix entailed, I would be surprised it would not still work. But, maybe this weekend I will have a chance to try it again . . . will advise!
Old 03-07-2018, 07:47 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Just received my BS Pro and installed it in my 2016 post fix CD. Engine rattles and stumbles under light throttle. Didn't bother testing any further as I wouldn't drive it like this no matter how much extra HP or MPG it might give me. I've emailed BS and awaiting reply. Specifically asking if they adjusted their tune for the diesel fix in the US. I think it's safe to assume at this point that the current BS tune doesn't like the diesel fix.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:05 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

I've emailed them a few times about the issues I've been having and it sounds like they've been hearing a lot of the same issues with noise at low RPMs. They said the E map appears to work best, but it sounds like they will be reprogramming the box to better handle the emissions "fix". I'm not sure if I'm going to hang on to it or send it back yet.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:03 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 326 Posts

The issue is they don't have access to a US Spec vehicle, so they have no idea what the programming difference is or if any changes they make are the proper ones...
Old 03-08-2018, 10:15 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Originally Posted by docwyte
The issue is they don't have access to a US Spec vehicle, so they have no idea what the programming difference is or if any changes they make are the proper ones...
Would be nice if they indicated that their box only works on pre-fix engines. Haven't heard back from them yet but it sounds like I'll be returning mine.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:21 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 326 Posts

Well, they don't have access to US Spec cars, so they had no idea what the fix would do. I'm sure they do now tho as several US buyers here on this site have returned the boxes to them. Question is can they do anything about it.

Frankly I'm not surprised given that they don't have anything on their site saying to put the NOVAT code in if you live in the USA...
Old 03-08-2018, 10:42 AM
pocotaligo
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did some data logging with my durametric on my 996 turbo for marski tuning, wonder if something like this could be done to help them out across the pond?
Old 03-08-2018, 12:10 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

I think their engineer is going to be working with me (and possibly others) when he's back from holiday in a week or so. I told them I'd be willing to work with them to see if improvements could be made, so I guess we'll see how this shakes out.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

I’ll be checking back for results of updates. Will buy if they fix it for US spec fixed cars.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:31 AM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm another unhappy Blue Spark customer. I have 2015 CD post fix. Had it on about a week. Didn't really see mpg increase and have the rattle and stumbles like described. Moreover, 1st gear a bit laggy.

I am returning mine...going to explore Malone.

Side note, for those of you that say it's easy to put on...easy is relative. I had to YouTube how to remove these goofy clips...and still spent 30 minutes messing with them. I actually broke the BS clip, so will be interesting to see whether they charge me extra on the refund.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:26 PM
shenofjo
Cruisin'

Sad to see blue spark not able to perform after the fix. although even without any tune, i felt a big difference in torque from pre fix to post fix. the drivability is less smooth as well with awkward trans shift points and less of the O **** moment when flooring it. now that I have driven the diesel cayenne for a few weeks, the car seems to be working out the shifts. will continue to follow this thread and see what happens with these tunes.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:15 PM
Grant Huang
Track Day

Tuning Box and Tuning Pedal. www.tuningbox.com
Old 03-29-2018, 09:00 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^ So have you installed this? Thoughts? Do you have post fix diesel?

Quick Reply: Cayenne Diesel - Performance Upgrade?