Sponsored By:

Cayenne Diesel - Performance Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 08:42 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Winefan$
I recently installed the BS plus Boost control module.
what setting offers the ideal blend of Torque without lowering MPG?
Thanks
I estimate E8 gives me 305 horse and 505 torque. I've seen 39.9 mpg highway on two different trips, and have averaged 32.2 over the last 10k miles.

:/Greg/:
Old 05-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Winefan$
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks much

I will keep you posted!
Originally Posted by grohgreg
I estimate E8 gives me 305 horse and 505 torque. I've seen 39.9 mpg highway on two different trips, and have averaged 32.2 over the last 10k miles.

:/Greg/:
Old 05-09-2017, 10:26 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Winefan$
I will keep you posted!
Forgot to mention 0-60 in about six seconds

//Greg//
Old 05-13-2017, 02:24 AM
Winefan$
7th Gear

Default Bluespark set on E8 38.9 MPG indicated at 73 MPH

Flat road, Wind minor, I80 to Sacramento yesterday.
was at 31 MPG prior.
power delta is amazing!!
I am using Cetane booster, per your advice.
and yes.. A Honda Mini van is close to six flat to 60,
yet cant get 38, off road to Trout camp or corner like my PIG.
"No time to hate" CTT guy..
I had the first 957 TTS..
Both uniquely amazing.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2017, 01:48 AM
canon_mutant
Intermediate

Ah, I believe you and I guarantee you'll dust that mini van and most all other vehicles to 40mph. When I had my Pepper with this box added, I had a guy at work with a Cayenne S to 40mph where his HP kicked in. He was surprised how quick these things get off the line. No, it is not the fastest, but I just love the combination of power and mpgs.

And, the wife's Q5 is even quicker. I just wish I had more time behind the wheel to find the optimum setting for it. E8 that I ran on my Pepper has that pretty horrid turbo lag problem I mentioned that my Pepper did not have yet it still will do 0-60 in 5.7. If they don't get the emissions scandal thing done properly and we have to give it up, my wife and I will both be pissed. But, that means I will be going to a LandRover Sport or Discovery TDI. Turbo-diesel is just perfect for these SUVs and Trucks too for that matter if you could get one?

I want to at least go drive that new ZR2 Colorado diesel. I suspect it might be a bit anemic but curious how they run and drive?
Old 02-24-2018, 01:57 PM
dytryn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bluespark post emissions work

Has anyone reinstalled the device after having the done the dieselgate fix?
Old 02-24-2018, 02:17 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by dytryn
Has anyone reinstalled the device after having the done the dieselgate fix?
I installed it (briefly) after the fix on my '16,but not before. Above 2,000-2,200 was fine. Below that on tip-in and light throttle was some very nasty sounding rattles and stuttering. After a few days of trying different settings per BS, I gave up and returned it. I'm not wanting to badmouth the product, since it could have been something specific to my car, but I couldn't take it.
(to be clear, the CD ran perfectly stock with the bypass plug in place, so it wasn't a wiring/plug issue. It was either a bad BS unit, or incompatibility with the USA tune, which BS appeared willing to address, but I didn't want to be the guinea pig for. They thought I may have had a dirty fuel injector, which definitely is not the case)
Old 02-24-2018, 05:15 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

EDIT: To answer my own question... Yes, the tuning is felt in both modes, and is likely relative to their original differences.

I've been reading through all the threads I could find about the different tuning options for the CD, and I haven't really seen it mentioned, so I'm curious as to what 'mode' people run the truck in most of the time (normal vs. sport), and whether the tune is noticeable on both settings? Is the tune relative to the mode? How does all that relate?

I didn't really run the sport mode much until after the fix, but I've started to use it more more lately, as it seem to feel a bit better in terms of power and smoothness in sifting. I'm just not sure what it's going to do the the MPGs in the long run, and where a tune fits into that whole equation.

Last edited by dollarlongnecks; 02-28-2018 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Solved
Old 03-04-2018, 07:40 PM
dytryn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bluespark chatter

Originally Posted by Eskimo1
I installed it (briefly) after the fix on my '16,but not before. Above 2,000-2,200 was fine. Below that on tip-in and light throttle was some very nasty sounding rattles and stuttering. After a few days of trying different settings per BS, I gave up and returned it. I'm not wanting to badmouth the product, since it could have been something specific to my car, but I couldn't take it.
(to be clear, the CD ran perfectly stock with the bypass plug in place, so it wasn't a wiring/plug issue. It was either a bad BS unit, or incompatibility with the USA tune, which BS appeared willing to address, but I didn't want to be the guinea pig for. They thought I may have had a dirty fuel injector, which definitely is not the case)
I just reinstalled mine. It worked perfectly before the fix but now I’m experiencing the same chatter so I pulled it out. I guess BS is going to have to adjust their software to account for the recent VAG tuning changes.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:54 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dytryn

I just reinstalled mine. It worked perfectly before the fix but now I’m experiencing the same chatter so I pulled it out. I guess BS is going to have to adjust their software to account for the recent VAG tuning changes.
I recently purchased one of these to try out, and this is the same thing I am experiencing. I can definitely feel the difference once the BS was added, and it drove fairly well once I fiddled with the settings for several days, but you couldn't really drive it slow, as any little toe-press of the throttle would cause all sorts of noise until you got higher into the RPMs. I'm new to diesels, so I don't know all the sounds yet, but this sounds a lot like pre-ignition, but louder with maybe a little clatter mixed in. Not good at all... I even added some cetane booster, and it didn't seem to make much difference in the noise.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:31 PM
AndrewWK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would look into the Malone Tune. It's been tested and proven on lots of post fix VAG 3.0 diesels. 305hp/490lb-ft
Old 03-05-2018, 01:57 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 346 Posts

On their website, Malone is saying their Stage 2 is 340hp and 528ft lbs...
Old 03-05-2018, 05:58 AM
AndrewWK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
On their website, Malone is saying their Stage 2 is 340hp and 528ft lbs...
not anymore
Old 03-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewWK
not anymore
Wow, they must have adjusted the power figures based on getting a few post-fix cars in to be tuned.. Honestly, that number seems more like what I felt in driving the Stage2 Cayenne (stock exhaust), about 300/500. I was a bit skeptical of 340. I'll tell ya though, that Stage2 Malone tune is where it's at. I was impressed.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:47 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I think I'll look into the Malone tune after I return the BS... I've read nothing but good things.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Diesel - Performance Upgrade?