Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Feeling defeated today- new Cayenne got smashed in today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 04:48 PM
TXCOMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, the best remedy for this situation, OP, is an attorney, plain and simple. My neighbor specializes in this kind of thing and loves fighting with insurance companies. I've decided long ago he's my first call in such a case!

TXCOMT
Old 04-30-2018, 11:07 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts

Mchopra

i waited an extra 11 days for parts from Germany was my delay. Everything has been paid for by 3rd party in my situation. I didn’t care as much regarding rental as I live in a fairly rural place and Porsche rental wasn’t an option for me. The 3rd party payer had assigned an adjuster to my car who I was in constant contact. We politely discussed his estimate regarding diminished value which was absurd. This is their OPINION of diminished value. He didn’t submit his estimate as I told him I would be getting a second opinion after politely disagreeing. My second opinion was referred to me from the certified Porsche collision center. This second opinion was much more in line with my opinion of DV. Your dealership or collision center may have someone who they trust as a car advocate rather than an insurance advocate. I submitted this second estimate to original adjuster. The 2 adjuster subsequently spoke. I’m unsure of their conversation but I can say that the second estimate (better one for me) was submitted rather than first one. This was only submitted last week so I’m awaiting response from 3rd party. I personally haven’t sought official legal advice. I’ve documented pics of vehicle prior to accident, pics of car day of accident, pics during repairs from shop and immediately following repairs. Also have copy of police report and pics from dealership taken by service advisor day of accident.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:17 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Additional response to your questions:

all repairs, car rental and modesta recoating, paint correction and refilm have been paid by 3rd party.

I couldn’t submit diminish value claim until all repairs completed. Search 17c regarding DV calculation.

My vehicle hit by Penske delivery truck. I was told by Penske that due to type of vehicle, they were referring to their 3rd party. All checks received from this 3rd party. I’ve not pursued anything from Penske driver but that person’s name is on police report if needed.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:01 AM
mchopra
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I being unreasonable with this request? I currently drive 2 cars a 911 C4S and a new to me Cayenne that was rear ended last week. My wife drives a Mercedes SUV. The guy that hit me, his insurance company will pay for the damage and provide for a car rental. I fought them, but they agreed to it being taken to the Porsche dealership body shop for repairs. The next issue is the car rental. They offered me a standard car, I requested a car equivalent to what I normally drive for my car rental as my car is being repaired. The claims person said that "unfortunately the Ohio state law requires us to pay for a standard vehicle." Is this true or false. Am I being greedy asking for a SUV or a luxury car? Let me know and I'll back down from my request. Thanks
Manny
Old 05-02-2018, 12:47 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by mchopra
Am I being unreasonable with this request? I currently drive 2 cars a 911 C4S and a new to me Cayenne that was rear ended last week. My wife drives a Mercedes SUV. The guy that hit me, his insurance company will pay for the damage and provide for a car rental. I fought them, but they agreed to it being taken to the Porsche dealership body shop for repairs. The next issue is the car rental. They offered me a standard car, I requested a car equivalent to what I normally drive for my car rental as my car is being repaired. The claims person said that "unfortunately the Ohio state law requires us to pay for a standard vehicle." Is this true or false. Am I being greedy asking for a SUV or a luxury car? Let me know and I'll back down from my request. Thanks
Manny
You might ask them for the statute number that "requires" this.. bet they can't come up with it.. or if they do it more likely says they must provide AT LEAST a standard car - ie - not Rent-A-Wreck..
Old 05-02-2018, 02:14 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

I don’t think you are being unreasonable. I was advised during my experience to politely ask for supervisor to that insurance agent who has the authority to approve your request. That agent may not have authority to approve something beyond their cookie cutter manual laying in front of them during your phone conversation. I would remind them of the high quality vehicle that their client rear ended. I’m not familiar with OH regulations. PS- just had confirmation of DV reimbursement for 17k regarding my vehicle... so it is possible to recoup your losses.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:21 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 206 Posts
Default I Feel Your Pain ... But this, Too, Shall Pass

My 20-year old son did this to my 2012 Cayenne S last summer while taking his younger brother to swim practice - a day before he headed back to college for his Junior year

Nobody was hurt, so it reminded me that it’s only stuff... The Porsche-approved body shop will do a great job getting your PiG back on the road an looking great. My only suggestion is to get VERY involved with the body shop and the insurance adjuster and INSIST on only using new, Porsche OEM parts. Initially, the adjuster was only approving “reconditioned” and non-OEM parts. But in working with the body shop and pushing the adjustor we ended up with only new, OEM parts. In the end, my car actually looks better and I took the opportunity to throw a full front Xpel film to keep it tidy during the nasty Chicago winters. Sorry this happened, and good luck getting the right outcome out of your insurance company!
Old 05-02-2018, 04:00 PM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Same thing happened to my 2013 Cayenne GTS! I told Allstate (the insurance company of the guy who hit me) I was going to pursue DIV (Diminution of Value). I had to pay an appraiser $400 bucks to come up with an estimate, and I got $6,000 from the insurance company on top of the repair cost. Mine wasn't as bad as yours sounds, but I had to get a new rear bumper skin, internal bumper parts and new tail pipes on one side. Parts had to come from Germany ... Allstate refused to pay for my luxurious Chrysler 200 rental car for full term of the repair, as they said it took to long! (Thanks Allstate, it takes as long as it takes....). I certainly wasn't wanting the repair to take longer so I could enjoy that POS Chrysler... I'll never do business with Allstate willingly.

Quick Reply: Feeling defeated today- new Cayenne got smashed in today!