Sponsored By:

Vacuum Line help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 01:20 PM
Chetured
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vacuum Line help

I have a line that seems to be detatched to.the left of the T.

It's the group of vaccum lines right in the middle close to the firewall does anyone e know what should be connected there ? - I am lookingfor a diagram and trying to figure out what pipe should be there in the left side of the T, looks like I am missing a hose ??
can anyone help ...see pics !

Kind of where my leftmost finger is pointing... There is a t with three hoses the left port has no pipe to it

Last edited by Chetured; 10-14-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Chetured
Advanced

Default No one knows this ?

Has Not a single person faced this issue ?
Old 10-18-2018, 01:13 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Chetured - welcome to the forum.

A hint on asking questions like this on the forum:

1. It helps a whole bunch if we have some clue (clew in the UK) what year/model your Cayenne is. They are somewhat different since there are about 5-6 different engines used in different models. Diesels, gas, hybrid..
2. A bit more context might be useful - a photo showing the general area you're asking about would help narrow down where people might start looking to answer your question.
3. Marking up your detailed photo might be useful - if you're using a Windows PC a free program called Irfanview is wonderful for this purpose - it has drawing tools making it simple to highlight an item. It took me a while to figure out what you meant by "leftmost finger"..

On one model there is a T at the rear of the engine where one leg of the T isn't used, and has a plugged stub hose coming off it. I seem to recall it being the normally-aspirated V8 engine, but it might be the turbo.. someone will know.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:49 AM
Chetured
Advanced

Thank you will update
It's a.2011 cayenne turbo ...I will.mark up and add more.pics. there is a t on the left near a vaccum pump which is stubbed, but I am looking for a hose that seems to be disonnected from the t in the middle behind the intake.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:19 PM
Served
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's supposed to be plugged in to the other vacuum line right below it that loops around the engine harness. Here are some close ups of that area from my 2011 CTT. A cheap usb/wifi snake camera might help you see behind there better, or even a small inspection mirror.

Old 10-21-2018, 05:22 PM
Chetured
Advanced

Default Rubber elbow fell off now

The rubber elbow fell off while inspecting.

The elbow fell off now I need to figure it out further . .. .I guess intake needs to come off
Old 10-21-2018, 09:50 PM
Chetured
Advanced

I can't even find that entire section of vaccum pipe...and today my small elbow fell off. Went to.porshe dealerd gotgot diagrams but still can't identify....I think the intake needs to come off

​​​​​
​​​​
Old 10-22-2018, 08:26 AM
Chetured
Advanced

Default Porsche document

Vaccum line diagram from.layest Porsche

Vaccum line 958 2011
Old 10-22-2018, 11:25 AM
deilenberger
Banned

In the diagram above - it could be (WAG here) - #9 is the T and hose you're looking at - and it connects to #8 somehow (probably at another T)..

I've never been able to find a complete vacuum system diagram for the turbo.. I'll poke around a bit and see what I can come up with.

Update - just spent quality time with AllDataDIY - and there is no diagram.. when I have time I'll look in the 11,000 page factory manual.

Last edited by deilenberger; 10-22-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Chetured
Advanced

1. It helps a whole bunch if we have some clue (clew in the UK) what year/model your Cayenne is.
PETROL 2011 USA CAYENNE TURBO
2. A bit more context might be useful - a photo showing the general area you're asking about would help narrow down where people might start looking to answer your question.
BACK OF INTAKE NEAR FIREWALL, There is a disconnected T to teh rear left of the image, I am sure there was a hose to it, but now its gone.
3. Marking up your detailed photo might be useful - if you're using a Windows PC a free program called Irfanview is wonderful for this purpose - it has drawing tools making it simple to highlight an item. It took me a while to figure out what you meant by "leftmost finger" .. OK Will update image with some better and clear ones

Thanks for your comments

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Chetured - welcome to the forum.

A hint on asking questions like this on the forum:

1. It helps a whole bunch if we have some clue (clew in the UK) what year/model your Cayenne is. They are somewhat different since there are about 5-6 different engines used in different models. Diesels, gas, hybrid..
3. Marking up your detailed photo might be useful - if you're using a Windows PC a free program called Irfanview is wonderful for this purpose - it has drawing tools making it simple to highlight an item. It took me a while to figure out what you meant by "leftmost finger"..

On one model there is a T at the rear of the engine where one leg of the T isn't used, and has a plugged stub hose coming off it. I seem to recall it being the normally-aspirated V8 engine, but it might be the turbo.. someone will know.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Chetured
Advanced

Default 2011 Cayenne Turbo 958 Vacuum Line Diagrams

Here are the 4 sheets I got from Porsche
Attached Images
Old 10-22-2018, 12:57 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by Chetured
Here are the 4 sheets I got from Porsche
They're only marginally useful - they show the parts - not how the plumbing all hooks together and the flow in the plumbing. The second sheet shows a part your turbo doesn't have - the mechanism on the rear of the intakes - that is for non-turbo models to vary the length of the intakes (and tune them for different RPM..)

Back in the old days - there used to be diagrams (under the hood actually) that showed all of the stuff and what it connected to..
Old 10-22-2018, 03:25 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Back in the old days - there used to be diagrams (under the hood actually) that showed all of the stuff and what it connected to..
I remember those, back when we had EGR and little else. Today if they still did that, the underside of the hood would probably be a total vinyl wrap with the diagram flowing all over it!
Old 03-22-2019, 09:55 PM
AllroadRSC5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2011 cayenne turbo, anyone know where the vacuum nipple on this PCV spider hose connects to? It was open to atmosphere. Can’t find a line near it, or an open vac hose. This is the front driver side of a US left hand drive CTT.

Last edited by AllroadRSC5; 03-22-2019 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 03-22-2019, 09:56 PM
AllroadRSC5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: Vacuum Line help