Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Smoking tail lights and a few mod questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 05:08 PM
classba
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone has the 958.2 rear lights removal/ fitting instructions?.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:15 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Side taillight

Side taillight

Hatch taillight

Hatch taillight
Old 08-13-2017, 08:44 PM
classba
Track Day

Thanks so much deilenberger cheers.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:52 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks the way id expect it to be.. even the headlights I saw are just a lock/unlock away

I am going back next week to my tinter to add 50% on the windshield, ill also attempt to tint the taillights.. ill test a couple samples over the tail light and make the call then but I intend to match OEM as best I can.

going to be getting the CTT exhaust tips welded on hopefully the following week
Old 08-14-2017, 03:47 AM
classba
Track Day

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
Looks the way id expect it to be.. even the headlights I saw are just a lock/unlock away

I am going back next week to my tinter to add 50% on the windshield, ill also attempt to tint the taillights.. ill test a couple samples over the tail light and make the call then but I intend to match OEM as best I can.

going to be getting the CTT exhaust tips welded on hopefully the following week
Is it legal to tint the windscreen where you are?.

I'm getting my rear lights dyed which will look totally OEM.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:10 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

//OldManRant-ON..

I'm not McC - but I can answer that. It's not legal in NJ (where McC is from.) I also think it's not a particularly good idea. For several reasons.

When it says 50% - it means it's cutting 50% of the light coming through the windshield. That might be fine on a sunny day - but at night that's a BIG cut in being able to see. Since NJ is rift with deer who love to jump out in front of one's vehicle - it's a bad idea to make them even harder (or impossible) to see.

The other downside of dark tint - especially all the way around - it's a cop magnet. You look "badass" and to the cops that looks like someone they might be interested in meeting - with your hands on the top of the car and legs spread. If you make your ride look like a drug dealers ride - you shouldn't be surprised or upset when the look is taken as real and you're pulled over.

McC - watch the cars that cops seem to pull over (and usually call some other cops to back them up) with the guy standing next to one cop as they open the trunk. See any common denominator? Lots of tint?

You can be sure if you've blacked (murdered) out your ride - that when a cop DOES pull you over he'll be approaching the car with his hand on his gun, if not holding the gun at his side along his leg. He has no idea what's going to happen when the window rolls down - and I can't blame them for taking precautions.

//OldManRant-OFF..
Old 08-15-2017, 12:41 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Most of my cars have had tinted windshields I go light i mainly do them to maintain darker inside temperatures and I have family gold cards and law enforcement plates along with plaques but I am going to hold off

I ended up buying the GTS tail lights off ebay for about $400 and i will install them once I get them

Easy DIY? Plug and Play it looks like
Old 08-15-2017, 03:03 PM
fatmatt0116
Instructor

Default Noticed your thread

Hey McCheese, noticed your thread. I am thinking of getting rid of the oem 21" turbo II wheels on my 14 tts, and maybe the exhaust tips as well. Thought you might be interested. Lmk!

Most of my cars have had tinted windshields I go light i mainly do them to maintain darker inside temperatures and I have family gold cards and law enforcement plates along with plaques but I am going to hold off

I ended up buying the GTS tail lights off ebay for about $400 and i will install them once I get them

Easy DIY? Plug and Play it looks like
thread
Old 08-17-2017, 11:20 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fatmatt0116
Hey McCheese, noticed your thread. I am thinking of getting rid of the oem 21" turbo II wheels on my 14 tts, and maybe the exhaust tips as well. Thought you might be interested. Lmk!

thread
Wheels gotta stay 20" for me I just bought DWS 06 (decent tires) set so i just wanna carry over and I will be going black wheels.

exhaust tips i'm interested but I prefer new.

-

Got my caliper paint couple days but that'll be done sometime after tail lights and exhaust tip are installed.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:22 AM
fatmatt0116
Instructor

Ok, I'm in NJ if u change your mind. I do have the more rare turbo II wheels with the interior painted black rather than grey.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:47 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmatt0116
Ok, I'm in NJ if u change your mind. I do have the more rare turbo II wheels with the interior painted black rather than grey.
For what it's worth, I agree and can confirm that the black version of the 21" Cayenne Turbo II wheels look fantastic and make a striking difference versus the more common grey/charcoal version. Not sure why they're more rare than the grey ones, but you don't see them very often.

Here they are on my CTT, maybe this will help you decide.....
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2017, 06:52 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

This was unbelievably easy.. I would think replacing tail lights on a german car would be difficult and I try to DIY everything unless its too time consuming but this was completed in less then an hour no mess to hiccups no hassles - nothing

Couple quick pics
Attached Images    
Old 08-22-2017, 01:25 AM
elite1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice right to left comparison!

Were these used Ebay lights or new? Is this a supplier?

Suncoast has a tinted taillight set for $650. Wondering if this is the same set.

Looking to tint so I can match the lower reflectors at the same time. Really would like the OEM look though.

Regardless, looks great guy!
Old 08-22-2017, 12:40 PM
gnat
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

This was unbelievably easy.. I would think replacing tail lights on a german car would be difficult and I try to DIY everything unless its too time consuming but this was completed in less then an hour no mess to hiccups no hassles - nothing

Couple quick pics
Nice. Same color as mine.

Now you need to get this https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...295501041.html and then paint your tips like this https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4130040

Old 08-23-2017, 11:19 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by elite1
Very nice right to left comparison!

Were these used Ebay lights or new? Is this a supplier?

Suncoast has a tinted taillight set for $650. Wondering if this is the same set.

Looking to tint so I can match the lower reflectors at the same time. Really would like the OEM look though.

Regardless, looks great guy!
This was purchased between 3 sellers on ebay - I picked the best tail light bulbs out of a few dozen listed for sale and negotiated pricing on them

for the full set I paid $415 if i'm not mistaken which how could i refuse

Quick Reply: Smoking tail lights and a few mod questions