Sponsored By:

aluminum sport pedals

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 04:02 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by North Shore 911
Unfortunately, a filthy carpet is the least of my problems at this point... my 20 year old son did this to my Cayenne S on Friday afternoon. Nobody was hurt- thank God - but the interior cleaning will have to wait a few weeks until I get it back from the body shop
Ouch, man, so sorry. Glad to hear everyone was okay though. Best of luck with the repair.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:59 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Unfortunately... my 20 year old son did this to my Cayenne S on Friday afternoon. Nobody was hurt- thank God -
Ouch ... hope he learned something out of the experience too bad you are the one that has to "pay" for it
Old 08-20-2017, 11:55 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeearly
Ouch ... hope he learned something out of the experience too bad you are the one that has to "pay" for it
Thanks all, I really appreciate everyone's thoughts. With our 20-year old at the wheel taking our 14-year old to school to pick up his books for his freshman year in high school, this all could have turned out horribly differently. We're definitely feeling blessed that neither of our sons was hurt. I am also pleased to report that my first question was "Are you both OK?" instead of "How's the car?"

This was definitely a teachable moment for both boys, and a relatively cheap education of the power of these impressive machines. And yes - my son WILL be paying the deductible on this claim as a first step in his peneance, to be followed up with years of merciless reminders of this
Old 09-02-2017, 12:13 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

I finally found some time to install my aluminum pedal set on my 2012 Cayenne S today. I had the OEM pedal set that actually just fits snugly around the pedal itself, so the uninstall from stock took about 3 seconds.

Then I installed the dead pedal. I didn't have a factory dead pedal so this alone was a vast improvement

Then I had to drill through the metal brake pedal and the plastic gas pedal to thread the Allen-head bolts through the pedal, secured with a simple nut at the back.

All in, this took ~30 min, only because my beat-up drill bits struggled to get through the metal brake pedal. Now that I've got these installed, I am really pleased with the result as these were an impulse purchase from a Chinese seller on EBay and I wasn't sure I was gonna like 'em. But here's the final result, which I figure looks pretty dang good for a $24 pedal set

Me as well. Wanted the pedals without "cayenne" script but it was not available.

The 2 o'clock nuts are a pain on both gas and brake pedals. Fussed with the brake pedal for a while.

Gas pedal drilled holes on the aluminum pedals are too close together so i can only secure a nut on the 11 o'clock hole.

All in all, a good deal for $24 or $26 shipped..
Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2017, 01:31 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
Me as well. Wanted the pedals without "cayenne" script but it was not available.

The 2 o'clock nuts are a pain on both gas and brake pedals. Fussed with the brake pedal for a while.

Gas pedal drilled holes on the aluminum pedals are too close together so i can only secure a nut on the 11 o'clock hole.

All in all, a good deal for $24 or $26 shipped..
Chsu,

Those look awesome on your beige interior. And IMHO, the dead pedal alone is worth the $24! For what it's worth, I had the same problem with the gas pedal attachment so I sourced longer socket cap screws that gave me enough room to attach the nuts behind the gas pedal to keep it 100% secure. Take a look at post #27 on this thread if you're going that direction...

Congrats on the new look, I think it's a huge upgrade. So far, mine have worn really well, not even a scratch or any signs of wear!
Old 05-24-2020, 12:11 PM
LynneT
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

North Shore 911: i purchased the Cayenne pedals after finding your posts and I’m ready to install them. Question: did you have any concerns or problems mounting the dead pedal? Any concerns over drilling through the floor pan or any wiring going under carpeting in that area?
Old 05-24-2020, 12:18 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,417 Likes on 4,090 Posts

Originally Posted by LynneT
North Shore 911: i purchased the Cayenne pedals after finding your posts and I’m ready to install them. Question: did you have any concerns or problems mounting the dead pedal? Any concerns over drilling through the floor pan or any wiring going under carpeting in that area?
In my Cayenne, I had the same concern, so just used 3m trim tape to secure it in place. Works well enough considering it's just a foot rest.

The following users liked this post:
LynneT (05-24-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 02:00 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by LynneT
i had no problems , funny though i didn't give a thought at the time as to what might be under there - just went ahead and drilled ! as mentioned by others a new (sharp ) bit would make the gas pedal install a lot easier !
The following users liked this post:
LynneT (05-24-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 02:05 PM
dhc905
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Unfortunately, a filthy carpet is the least of my problems at this point... my 20 year old son did this to my Cayenne S on Friday afternoon. Nobody was hurt- thank God - but the interior cleaning will have to wait a few weeks until I get it back from the body shop

Sorry to see that, but love your plates (as both a wildcat and parent to a 4-year old obssessed with Peppa Pig) though!
Old 04-12-2022, 01:23 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 534 Posts

Up to $145 now.....Rennline dead pedal.......

Old 04-12-2022, 03:36 PM
afriedrich
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Up to $145 now.....Rennline dead pedal.......

Looks nice, is there a discount for Rennlist members, considering to order the oem version from Europe?
Old 04-12-2022, 08:59 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by afriedrich
Looks nice, is there a discount for Rennlist members, considering to order the oem version from Europe?
I think so, but you can call…

Quick Reply: aluminum sport pedals