Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Do you still have these sensors?
Old 09-24-2021, 04:02 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 537 Posts

Refreshing this thread as I need to order a set.

My CS is a May 2015 build, and I understand that there was a change mid 2015 (I assume MY)

Original 19" wheels had working TPMS. I bought a set of RS20 Spyders that another RLer had on a later Cayenne, and the TPMS sensors connected without a hitch.

I'm tempted just to order a set of the (later) TPMS sensors. Would prefer not to have to take one of the 19" wheels to the tire shop, have them pull the tire, identify the sensor and then have the tire remounted and balanced. On the other hand, that's the guaranteed approach. Or I could call a dealer and exercise a parts person...but since I'm going to buy from TPMS.com rather than the dealer, I'd prefer not to do that...

I *did* ask TPMS whether they could identify the proper part number...they suggested that I call the dealer...

Now that I've talked this through, I've decided that the path with the least amount of potential hassle, is taking a single wheel to the tire shop. I'm selling those wheels, so I need to do that soon....

Old 09-24-2021, 04:57 PM
marinerbc
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lml999
Refreshing this thread as I need to order a set.

My CS is a May 2015 build, and I understand that there was a change mid 2015 (I assume MY)

Original 19" wheels had working TPMS. I bought a set of RS20 Spyders that another RLer had on a later Cayenne, and the TPMS sensors connected without a hitch.

I'm tempted just to order a set of the (later) TPMS sensors. Would prefer not to have to take one of the 19" wheels to the tire shop, have them pull the tire, identify the sensor and then have the tire remounted and balanced. On the other hand, that's the guaranteed approach. Or I could call a dealer and exercise a parts person...but since I'm going to buy from TPMS.com rather than the dealer, I'd prefer not to do that...

I *did* ask TPMS whether they could identify the proper part number...they suggested that I call the dealer...

Now that I've talked this through, I've decided that the path with the least amount of potential hassle, is taking a single wheel to the tire shop. I'm selling those wheels, so I need to do that soon....

I have done the same on 2016 CTT
porsche part number
5Q0 907 275
on TPMS.com.
denso 550 1918 for the black colour
hope that helps
Old 09-24-2021, 05:26 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by marinerbc
I have done the same on 2016 CTT
porsche part number
5Q0 907 275
on TPMS.com.
denso 550 1918 for the black colour
hope that helps
Thanks...that did help.

I think I got it right...TPMS just confirmed shipment.

Before I ordered, I called Sullivan Tire to confirm that they would install third party sensors. They sell sensors for $75, probably the same ones I ordered (and probably from the same source) at half that...

I figure I'll order the Nokians in mid-October. And then of course it won't snow.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:10 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by inspired626
The 2013 and 2016 models are both 433 mhz, but they use different sensors, that is why your car isn't recognizing them. They changed to the new sensor starting in 2015.
Doh! Thanks for this pearl of wisdom. I just installed a set of 2016 RS Spyders on my 2014 Cayenne GTS. After TPMS triedto learn in vain for few minutes the screen flashes “system not active”.

Thankfully this was just a trial fit. I’m planning to mount a set of Nokians and it would have been far worse to learn this after they’re mounted. Silver lining.

Thank goodness for the wealth of information here on Rennlist.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:46 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 118 Posts

Thanks...that did help.

I think I got it right...TPMS just confirmed shipment.

Before I ordered, I called Sullivan Tire to confirm that they would install third party sensors. They sell sensors for $75, probably the same ones I ordered (and probably from the same source) at half that...

I figure I'll order the Nokians in mid-October. And then of course it won't snow.
How did the tpms site work out for you, I just placed my order.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:35 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blockhed
How did the tpms site work out for you, I just placed my order.
I'm pretty sure I knew what I needed. When I ordered from TPMS.com, they verified the order with me and then I got the sensors quickly. Installed and tires mounted, now they're stacked in the garage waiting for some free time...or more likely a snow forecast as forcing function.

I actually have 8 wheel/tires stacked in the garage, the other set for the Q7, and then two sets for our (adult) children's cars in the shed...usually looks like a NASCAR pit stop at my house during Thanksgiving, with tires flying everywhere and impact guns cranking away!
Old 11-11-2021, 09:56 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 118 Posts

Sounds like a good time, I'm hoping to have mine soon.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:11 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

I just installed my RS Spyder Winter Wheels, but the TPMS doesn't appear to be working properly. Either I'm not following the proper procedure, or perhaps Sullivan Tire installed the wrong TPMS units?

I went to the Tire Settings function and managed to get the symbol indicating that the TPMS is learning. But after a few minutes of driving, the Tire Pressures all appear blank and the yellow TPMS light is still on. Is there something I'm missing in the procedure, or is it possible I have the wrong TPMS units? Thanks in advance. Jim

TPMS appears to be learning

But the result is four blanks, and the yellow TPMS light remains on
Old 11-18-2021, 09:57 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foxman
I just installed my RS Spyder Winter Wheels, but the TPMS doesn't appear to be working properly. Either I'm not following the proper procedure, or perhaps Sullivan Tire installed the wrong TPMS units?

I went to the Tire Settings function and managed to get the symbol indicating that the TPMS is learning. But after a few minutes of driving, the Tire Pressures all appear blank and the yellow TPMS light is still on. Is there something I'm missing in the procedure, or is it possible I have the wrong TPMS units? Thanks in advance. Jim
Likely the wrong TPMS. What year car is your GTS? Do you know which TPMS Sullivan Tire installed?

There was a change in TPMS design in 2015. Perhaps later units were installed...
Old 11-18-2021, 10:04 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Likely the wrong TPMS. What year car is your GTS? Do you know which TPMS Sullivan Tire installed?

There was a change in TPMS design in 2015. Perhaps later units were installed...
Thanks for your reply. I suspect the same, having read this thread. I did caution Sullivan about the change, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:41 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your reply. I suspect the same, having read this thread. I did caution Sullivan about the change, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.
I ordered mine from TPMS.com and Sullivan installed them. I'll probably find out this weekend if I got the right ones.

Set in foreground is for the Q7, background for the CS...

Last edited by lml999; 11-18-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:51 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

I reached out to Sullivan Tire. The TPMS units that Sullivan Tire uses are reportedly universal units that need to be programmed for each specific vehicle following installation. I made an appointment for next Wednesday, and remain hopeful they don’t need to remove the tires. The ride on the 20” Nokians is like floating on air coming off off of the 21” summer wheels.

Gratuitous shot of the Nokian Hakkapeliitta
Old 11-18-2021, 03:01 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I reached out to Sullivan Tire. The TPMS units that Sullivan Tire uses are reportedly universal units that need to be programmed for each specific vehicle following installation. I made an appointment for next Wednesday, and remain hopeful they don’t need to remove the tires. The ride on the 20” Nokians is like floating on air coming off off of the 21” summer wheels.
If that's true, they should already have done that, right?

Do yourself a favor and order the correct senders from TPMS, then have Sullivan install them.
Old 11-18-2021, 03:13 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

If that's true, they should already have done that, right?

Do yourself a favor and order the correct senders from TPMS, then have Sullivan install them.
Sullivan Tire presumably programmed them, but the car wasn’t there to make sure they were conversing with each other. Possible the program didn’t take, or they didn’t really program at all. If this rabbit hole goes any deeper, I will follow your advice and get my own TPMS units. If Sullivan can’t get theirs to work, they will have to install the new ones. Hoping I don’t have to pull the rubber off. I went out of my way to install the wheels myself to ensure no mishaps. Thanks, will report back to you.

Quick Reply: 958.2 TPMS