2015 Cayenne with 700 miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 11:45 PM
mynextcar
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 Cayenne with 700 miles

Hi all,

I found an ad for a 2015 Cayenne S E-Hybrid with only 700 miles on it.
Could anyone guide me to potential issues with this extremely low mileage car?

I believe that the oil and lubricants may deteriorate. Also, tire may be deformed.
Would you buy this kind of car?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:49 AM
thescratt
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Has it been serviced? How old is it actually? Does it have a service history? All the usual questions apply.
But it's still a fairly young car.. Some sit on storage lots or in show rooms for a year...

If it is over a year old then it should have had its first minor service by now.
Which is when Oil should be replaced regardless of mileage.

Without more history it's hard to comment.

But other than that they are great cars. I traded my old CTT in for a 2016 S E-Hybrid and don't regret it at all.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:23 PM
mynextcar
Intermediate

Thanks, thescratt

The warranty of the vehicle started on 03/31/2015. The production month is 02/2015.

Current mileage is 993 miles. They claim that it is a showroom vehicle and kept inside for most of time.
According to the service records they provided, they did not perform any scheduled services. They only performed state inspections twice; recall for circular clip of pedal bearing; and service action for WF 50.
They performed CPO inspection on 08/15/2015.

They only promise that they will perform 2nd year maintenance including brake fluid flush upon sale.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:52 PM
Ex968racer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't have any issue with this. What damage or negative effects would occur by any fluids sitting? Nothing. Tires should work themselves out after putting some miles on them. My bigger concern would be the interior if this was a showroom car with a lot of people getting in and out putting a lot of wear on the seats and shoes hitting the sills. Other than that, it looks like a nice find depending on the price.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:39 AM
mynextcar
Intermediate

Dear Ex968racer

Thank you for insights on wear of the seats. I did not think of those issues.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:25 AM
thescratt
Instructor

Seems like a good find to me too, depending on the price.
Mine had 14K km on it when I got it, and was under a year old.
The previous owner was not particularly careful. I saw his pics before the dealer made some better ones. But once cleaned up the car was mint inside and out.
I would not worry about the interior unless there is visible wear somewhere.

I would add that one option I would definitely ensure one of these has is Super Sport.
It stiffens the car up a LOT more than Sport mode, and makes it super responsive. It's not an expensive option to add either, as it is only a button and computer settings in reality.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:08 AM
mynextcar
Intermediate

Thanks thescratt

The dealer's asking price is $67699.
According to the buildsheet (https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...AE2A23FLA52326), original price was $82,075.

0Q White
3FU Panoramic Roof System
4A3 Seat Heating (Front)
6A7 Fire Extinguisher
7X8 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Reversing Camera
8EA Bi-Xenon™ Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
EH2 Vehicle Cable (25 ft)
G1G 8-speed Tiptronic S
KB2 7.2 kW Onboard Charger
MA Standard Interior in Black
Q1G Power Seats (8-way) with Memory Package
QJ4 Exterior Package in Black (High-Gloss)
QV8 SiriusXM® Satellite Radio U00
19" Cayenne Turbo Wheels
Old 11-09-2016, 08:12 AM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 277 Posts

If you are satisfied with the interior:

- make sure you have the paperwork for the CPO since that's 6 years from 3/15,
- Run the VIN thorough the NHTSA for its recalls, investigations, complaints and manufacturer's communications,
- Give those tires a good drive and if you feel vibration, no matter how small, have them address it,
- Accept that the car has not been driven enough to identify all of the post manufacturing challenges. There might be a few but they are all under warranty

The only feature that car has that I would have any concern about is the Pano roof. There is a separate thread on this but when those fail, it is big money. The whole thing comes out and is replaced. I would be inclined to have them demo it, use it and then pull the fuse the day before the warranty expires.

Nice find and good luck.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:47 AM
mynextcar
Intermediate

Thanks, CAVU

I am worrying about the flat spots of the tire. The big problem to me is that this will be out of state purchase.

Thank you for lighting up the issues with the Pano roof. Does Pano roof issue apply to other models (Macan or Panamera)?
Old 11-09-2016, 11:29 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

IMHO, The pano roof "issue" does not apply to the 958 pano roof (2-panel) - it's a leftover fear from the 955/957 series 3 panel pano-roof. I have yet to hear of anyone having any issue with the 2011 and on Pano roof - not even squeaking.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:01 PM
mynextcar
Intermediate

Thanks, deilenberger, for sharing the information.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:31 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
IMHO, The pano roof "issue" does not apply to the 958 pano roof (2-panel) - it's a leftover fear from the 955/957 series 3 panel pano-roof. I have yet to hear of anyone having any issue with the 2011 and on Pano roof - not even squeaking.
Originally Posted by mynextcar
Thanks, deilenberger, for sharing the information.
+1

As far as the tires go, not sure if you are driving the car home or having it shipped, but you could negotiate a price that reflects the potential for tire issue. I would be concerned if the car had been sitting for 2 years in one spot, but it appears that they have been driving it a bit. Tires are easy to replace because the TPMS are good for a long time. The starter battery may not last as long as one that has been kept charged via regular driving, but batteries are easy to replace too.

When I look at the offer price against NADA without CPO, it is a good price. With CPO considered it is an even better price.

Last edited by CAVU; 11-09-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:47 PM
mynextcar
Intermediate

Dear CAVU

Thank you for your time for various consideration.
There are several other cars in the similar price ranges on cars.com
I plan to explore other cars as well.

Thank you again!
Old 11-10-2016, 07:49 AM
thescratt
Instructor

Originally Posted by CAVU
The starter battery may not last as long as one that has been kept charged via regular driving, but batteries are easy to replace too.
You probably realise this but just in case not: AFAIK the "starter battery" is the main hybrid battery, and the "starter motor" is the hybrid electric engine. And the battery, at least, is warrantied for 6 or 7 years.

Edit : Thinking about that it may be worth verifying what the full charge range is on the battery. I am pretty sure they are fairly robust. However, from what I have heard most dealers rarely provide a demonstrator with a fully charged battery. Which is nuts as it is a key feature of the car. But that could potentially mean this battery has been standing empty for long periods. I have no idea if that is ok or not, and like I said it is covered by a long warranty. But, traditional battery knowledge tends to suggest that leaving batteries flat for long periods is not a good thing.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:13 AM
mynextcar
Intermediate

Thanks, thescratt!

I saw the lowly charged battery when I visited my local dealer.
When I checked with the selling dealer, the warranty for the battery is 10year/100k miles.

Quick Reply: 2015 Cayenne with 700 miles