Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Homelink retrofit? Schematics, wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 05:19 AM
ynor
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink retrofit? Schematics, wiring...

Hi,

I have a 2012 Cayenne without Homelink. I'm going to try to retrofit this, so I bought an used roof console with the Homelink buttons and an used Homelink control module that is to be installed in the front bumper. According to the parts lists no other parts are needed. But how can I figure out how to wire the new roof console and the control module?

I got hold of a wire loom for retrofitting Homelink for newer Audis and while these have a seperate IC board for the three buttons in the roof console that the wiring connects to, the Cayennes IC is integrated in the roof console.

Is there a way to get hold of schematics of a Cayenne with and without Homelink?
Old 08-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Popol
4th Gear

Pin 1=not used, Pin 2=to LIN 2 in BCM, Pin 3=Ground and Pin 4=12 V (eg. to fuse 47 - no power when car is not running.).
PS : to activate the roof console, the Homelink option needs to be programmed with PIWIS.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Popol
4th Gear

PS : When buying a 2nd hand Homelink control module, make sure you have the US or European version ...
If you purchased a US-version, that would mean you can't use it in the EU.

There is a test to find out what version you have ... try the following procedure :
(Warning : this procedure is likely to erase all programmed buttons !)
  • Press and hold button 1 and 3 of the HomeLink system simultaneously.
  • Release the buttons after the LED turns off. (The LED will first go on, then flash and then turn off)
  • Press and hold button 1 on your Homelink system.
  • What status does the LED have now?
    • Does it glow steadily? (US)
    • Does it flash rapidly, then become steady and then flash rapidly again? (EU)
Old 08-09-2019, 02:44 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,156 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by ynor
Is there a way to get hold of schematics of a Cayenne with and without Homelink?
Hi - sure. Get an AllDataDIY subscription for your car. They have the wiring diagrams on line. Only thing is - the way the wiring diagrams are done is on multiple pages - a lot of multiple pages with wiring going from one page through the next page and ending up on the 3rd page. You have to be patient and have good eyes.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:47 AM
zamorskii
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

there is a separate homelink module in the front of the car too, right hand side of the bumper to be exact.

Quick Reply: Homelink retrofit? Schematics, wiring...