Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne diesel? How reliable?...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 01:21 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

48000 on our 13 with no problems and now 48000 on our 15 with no problems.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:09 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by solrac6262
Hi guys,

Maybe off topic, but my uncle is giving his Cayenne to my cousin and wants to buy probably a pre owned 2016 I was looking at my dealer web, they have a bunch of Diesel's left, I noticed the price on a nice one but this one is a "demo" 4k miles msrp around 80k discount 9k and all of them have about the same discount, I think they are a little overpriced, what do you guys think? 2 year old trucks, fixed for diesel gate they are about 10% discount, only thing I don't like is that mine is more noisy, not sure on the 16's if they are the same, also I haven't run the 5k mark with the fix, can't comment if we need to be adding ad blue more frequently .
To me, that's way too much. 20-25% would be more in the ballpark.

But, the market will determine what it will go for.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:19 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
To me, that's way too much. 20-25% would be more in the ballpark.

But, the market will determine what it will go for.
concur.. If he found a non fixed one, paid msrp and got the money back from the settlement it would be less, so that's a terrible deal.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:56 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
concur.. If he found a non fixed one, paid msrp and got the money back from the settlement it would be less, so that's a terrible deal.
I too was sniffing around Sonnen on a couple of these "deals" and came to the same conclusion as you guys; I'll wait to see if the market concurs and the price moves in line with the 20-25% prognostication. That said, Sonnen only has only 1 of the 2 left in stock so perhaps their price of ~$73.6k is attractive to the do-not-care-about-price-crowd in my neighborhood?

PS even at a more optimal price, I may have a hard time getting my wife to want to drive one of these in her commute over the hill...although, she did love the one we had as a loaner. Perhaps I'll offer to chauffeur her a couple of days a week! Yup, I'd enjoy doing that in this rig...and having it for some proper road trips...
Old 06-23-2018, 07:33 AM
ProgRockJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 250 Posts

I've been eyeballing a 2016 Diesel as well, and since they haven't been titled yet they're still eligible for the 1st year full depreciation as a new company vehicle. My hesitation, and I've actually submitted a couple of lowball offers I won't budge on, is that these cars have been loaners for a couple of years. Read rentals. They "seem" like good deals, but given the way they've been treated and the various dealers are pricing them, IMO, at the high end of where the depreciation curve should put them with average initial stickers of $70k that to me it just isn't worth it. Money is very close to a comparable '16 Cayenne S and neither the bump in MPG or quick write off are worth the question marks.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:12 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 669 Likes on 363 Posts

I test drove one when they were first released for sale after the fix, and hated it. Having previously owned and loved a Touareg TDI, I had certain expectations which a 10 minute test drive shattered. There is a thread elsewhere on RL in which many CD owners are discussing their displeasure with these fixed vehicles. Do your due diligence.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:33 AM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I have one of the 2016 dealer loaner vehicles, sold “new” to me.
Your average Porsche owner doesn’t treat “rental” cars the same way as most rental cars get treated. Also as a dealer loaner you can see and make sure they kept up on the 5,000 mike oil changes etc.
With the price I got for the diesel and the length of the warranty it was a no brainer as the vehicle was in near new condition. Was much cheaper then an S model used of the same year. We love our vehicle and so far have had no issues. Also I plane to do some light towing so the diesel interested me more.
With the 6 year warranty(new+CPO basically) and the I believe 10 years for the diesel/emissions stuff I’m extremely happy with it.
I also looked at a bunch to find the one we got. I’m meticulous and went through the whole car before purchasing.
I’d look at getting another one in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply: Cayenne diesel? How reliable?...