Sponsored By:

And so the wait begins.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:52 PM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zorba1331
I love the whole process of being able to customize it the way you want it, the hours spent contemplating some options, the wait (although I am sure it is painful). It makes it that much more personal and feel connected to the process and the vehicle.
Funny thing, if you order yours, and do the ED, you might see your Pepper before Needsdecaf sees theirs
Old 03-24-2013, 02:28 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by RESP
Funny thing, if you order yours, and do the ED, you might see your Pepper before Needsdecaf sees theirs
I am hoping to get it ordered sometime this week. The ED trip is really exciting to me. So glad you all mentioned it.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by RESP
Yes, depending on their dealer's allocation, it's highly likely.

Euro delivery is great, plan on doing it one of these days. But time is not right now. Besides, BMW gives you a pretty sweet discount to do it as well and I can only drive a 2007 MDX for so long once we get the Pepper.

Plus, we honeymooned in Munich and our 10 year anniversary is coming up next year. Can you say ED M3?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

Plus, we honeymooned in Munich and our 10 year anniversary is coming up next year. Can you say ED M3?
How was Munich? Suggestions on must sees or things to do?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:54 AM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did order a 2014 and not pick up a 2013 that's on a lot.

Or am I missing something with something new on the 2014's. My goal is to wait them out and they need to sell what they have. They have 9 of them now and just picked up a couple more.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:18 AM
zorba1331
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaholmes
Why did order a 2014 and not pick up a 2013 that's on a lot.

Or am I missing something with something new on the 2014's. My goal is to wait them out and they need to sell what they have. They have 9 of them now and just picked up a couple more.
My guess is that they either didn't have any, or exactly what he wanted.

The two dealerships here have 1 between the two of them.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

My guess is that they either didn't have any, or exactly what he wanted.

The two dealerships here have 1 between the two of them.
This.

Diesels are rare on the ground here. And all the order stock is the typical....white / black / silver / gray on either Luxor Beige or Black.

Most do not have the equipment we want. The ones that do have stuff we don't want in addition.

So an order it was. And since it's only going to cost me maybe 6 weeks to have a 2014, why not wait? It's not like we're getting a discount. My local dealer orders 6 cars at a time and has 4 sold before they've reached his lot. The other two dealers in town are the same. Only the high end cars sit, because anyone spending $130k on a CTT or loaded GTS wants what they want, not what's in stock.

My dealer had a run of GTS's and I tried to make a play to get one at a discount....but by the time I called, of the 6 he had, 4 were gone so they were in no mood to deal.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

How was Munich? Suggestions on must sees or things to do?
You really can't go wrong with Munich, period. The Marienplatz is awesome. The BMW Welt and Museum is really cool, so I hear (they were building it when I was there, but I went to the older museum and it was cool too). The Olympic Stadium is right across the street and also a great attraction.

If you are up for driving, Mad King Ludvig's Schloss (Castle) Neuschwanstein is a two hour or less drive away and an absolute must for your bucket list. Go to the Marienbrucke (Maria's Bridge) and you'll get that famous shot that you see in all the pictures. If your'e down that way, overnight in Garmish - Partenkirchen, home of yet another Olympic site. Home to the Zugspitze, it's the tallest Alp in Germany. You can see a few hundred Kilometers from the peak on a good day!

Also, if you're driving, the Kelsteinhaus is also a 2 hour drive the other way, toward Salzburg. Google it, it's very cool.

Downtown Munich - the Marienplatz, home of the Glockenspeil is awesome. There are several schlossen around the area as well.

Would recommend the DK book series for guide books.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:33 AM
jaholmes
Drifting

Makes sense I guess. It's strange that some dealers / regions have a lot of diesels on the lot and others don't. There are a ton in Chicago between two dealers there are 36. One has 26.

Options on them seem hit or miss, either a little light, or everything except air suspension or roof carrier. I'm just after the pano roof.

Jim.

This.

Diesels are rare on the ground here. And all the order stock is the typical....white / black / silver / gray on either Luxor Beige or Black.

Most do not have the equipment we want. The ones that do have stuff we don't want in addition.

So an order it was. And since it's only going to cost me maybe 6 weeks to have a 2014, why not wait? It's not like we're getting a discount. My local dealer orders 6 cars at a time and has 4 sold before they've reached his lot. The other two dealers in town are the same. Only the high end cars sit, because anyone spending $130k on a CTT or loaded GTS wants what they want, not what's in stock.

My dealer had a run of GTS's and I tried to make a play to get one at a discount....but by the time I called, of the 6 he had, 4 were gone so they were in no mood to deal.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 PM
zorba1331
Instructor

You really can't go wrong with Munich, period. The Marienplatz is awesome. The BMW Welt and Museum is really cool, so I hear (they were building it when I was there, but I went to the older museum and it was cool too). The Olympic Stadium is right across the street and also a great attraction.

If you are up for driving, Mad King Ludvig's Schloss (Castle) Neuschwanstein is a two hour or less drive away and an absolute must for your bucket list. Go to the Marienbrucke (Maria's Bridge) and you'll get that famous shot that you see in all the pictures. If your'e down that way, overnight in Garmish - Partenkirchen, home of yet another Olympic site. Home to the Zugspitze, it's the tallest Alp in Germany. You can see a few hundred Kilometers from the peak on a good day!

Also, if you're driving, the Kelsteinhaus is also a 2 hour drive the other way, toward Salzburg. Google it, it's very cool.

Downtown Munich - the Marienplatz, home of the Glockenspeil is awesome. There are several schlossen around the area as well.

Would recommend the DK book series for guide books.
Great info, thanks! Going to copy this and plot some of these places on our map right now.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:25 PM
fincher
Racer

Originally Posted by jaholmes
Makes sense I guess. It's strange that some dealers / regions have a lot of diesels on the lot and others don't. There are a ton in Chicago between two dealers there are 36. One has 26.

Options on them seem hit or miss, either a little light, or everything except air suspension or roof carrier. I'm just after the pano roof.

Jim.
I recently test drove a CD at Loeber. Gray/Black, Premium Plus, 19s, Pano, smoked tails -- solid options. You're right, there are a lot of diesels here. Loeber and Porsche Exchange have several.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fincher
I recently test drove a CD at Loeber. Gray/Black, Premium Plus, 19s, Pano, smoked tails -- solid options. You're right, there are a lot of diesels here. Loeber and Porsche Exchange have several.
Loeber has one listed on their website.

Porsche Exchange has 5, white / black, gray / black and black /black.

Motor Werks has 3 - white / black, black / black and white / beige

Rizza Has 5 - the only one not in the above color combo is blue / beige

Napleton has 3 - Black / Black and Gray / Black.

I could go on but you get the point. Really not all that many and they're all in pretty standard colors and options.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

When I ordered mine back in Dec, there were no CD's to be had. As soon as I sold my 2004CT, I checked dealer inventory -- about 4 dealers within a 30mi radius, and there are now lots of CD's, but not with the options I wanted. Seems almost all had 8 way seats, Convenience Pkg, 19" wheels, no Prem Plus. Many of them listed close to my order, but didn't have the right stuff. With Porsche, best to plan ahead, research, and order to get exactly what you want. And then you just wait, and hope that the factory has the parts to build yours.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:10 PM
fincher
Racer

Loeber had 4 diesels on the lot. Their website is not updated. Two white, one gray and one black (which I think was being sold that day).
Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 AM
dale59911
Rennlist Member

Bit of a dumb question and perhaps off thread but......you are already ordering 2014 models? I have my car all specced out (sp?) and told the dealer we did not want to order until the 2014 models are available. He is telling me they may take orders when Porsche switches over in June......

Not sure what is going on....when you go on the configurator website it never tells you which model year.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any info.

Last edited by dale59911; 03-25-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: And so the wait begins.....