Ebrake grinding procedure and questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 07:34 AM
godwolf
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebrake grinding procedure and questions

I have a 2017 Cayenne platinum edition
I have changed the rear rotors and brake pads. I also put the e brake in service mode. Now I am doing my grinding in procedure with iCarsoft v3.0. During the 8 time grinding procedure it keep having the squeaky sounds in my rear wheels also it gets hard to accelerate to the specified speed. Is this normal? Also after I have done the 8 time grinding procedure, it keeps showing communication failure and application failed. I am just don’t know what I have done wrong. I really need some help.
Old 06-15-2024, 02:08 PM
Andrew1075
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar experience a couple months ago on my 2014 Cayenne TTS. I had just replaced all four rotors and pads but not the emergency pads). After 3 failed attempts to grind in, I was about to hand it off to my independent German repair shop but decided to give it one more shot. I was using an Autel. The first few times I couldn't even get past the 1st attempt out of 8. What I finally figured out is that I needed to accelerate from zero quickly to get to the roughly 15 MPH. Then I got through all 8 and no issues from there. You mentioned that it is hard to accelerate to the needed speed. Any chance your rear emergency pads are adjusted so they are already dragging even with the brakes completely off?

As you probably know, there is a little daisy wheel inside the rotor where you can adjust the gap on the emergency pads. Try lifting your car and then adjust that wheel until the brakes drag. Then back it off a few clicks until the wheel spins freely. You'll need to do this process anyway to finalize the air gap calibration using your iCarSoft or Autel. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Ebrake grinding procedure and questions