Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

958 Cayenne Alcantara Headliner DIY-Removal, New Material, and Reinstall with Photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2024, 09:57 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
What would retail range be to up grade my 16 S?

Great thread!
In a few minutes of Googling, I didn't see one listed from the usual vendors. I did see a Cayman headliner listed for $2K.

Seems a bit low...and those individual pillar pieces will be a bit pricy, I'd expect on the order of $500 (or more) each.

I put together a complete package for about $1200 via ebay.

If you go that route you have to be careful about broken mounting points, scrapes in the alcantara, and matching colors. Ideally, everything would come from one donor car.

...which is what I did for my allroad years ago. I actually pulled the entire interior from an S6 and than installed it. Being able to remove the trim from a donor car made the installation a lot easier, as I knew how it came apart...

For the Cayenne, I paid my indie to do the work. And I am very pleased with the result!

Last edited by lml999; 05-27-2024 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 11:15 AM
MercedsBeans
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll need 3 yards and at least 60" wide. 60" is very close to the edges at the back of the headliner, but doable.

I did not redo the pillars in this car, but they could be covered with an unbacked alcantara or I believe replacements are available on ebay.

Quick Reply: 958 Cayenne Alcantara Headliner DIY-Removal, New Material, and Reinstall with Photos