Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Any tips on installing the Eurowise 2" lift on springs in the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 01:13 PM
TyreReviews
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

As far as I'm aware there is no solution to disabling the warnings, you just have to live with them. The only thing it blocks is putting the car into sport mode, which I've never done. As this isn't my daily the warnings won't bother me as much as they will some.

I'm sure with time someone smarter than me will work it out as more people are switching away from air as they realising fixing leaking bags is tricky and there's very low supply of new parts.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:35 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 628 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by TyreReviews
As far as I'm aware there is no solution to disabling the warnings, you just have to live with them. The only thing it blocks is putting the car into sport mode, which I've never done. As this isn't my daily the warnings won't bother me as much as they will some.

I'm sure with time someone smarter than me will work it out as more people are switching away from air as they realising fixing leaking bags is tricky and there's very low supply of new parts.
What parts are in very low supply? All the parts are very easy to source from the dealership to rebuild/replace a 958 air strut with OE parts, and even eBay has numerous options for aftermarket versions that you can get in your hands within a few days, if you want to go that route.

And I can totally understand EuroWise's approach: they just want to sell parts, not hold the hands of garage mechanics trying to handle the installation.
The following users liked this post:
lml999 (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 03:33 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

I'm with you @garrett376 I've had five vehicles with air suspension and never once thought about pulling the system out. I specifically looked for a Pepper with air...

Now...If I were building a serious offroader, I might consider it. That was a pretty popular move with the Range Rover Classic crowd (with full kits available to do so), in part because many of those trucks were indeed used as offroad vehicles, and in part because the LR system was less robust than the current range of air suspension systems.

Old 06-19-2024, 04:25 PM
TyreReviews
Instructor

Last time I looked, admittedly this was 6 months ago, there were no rear replacement arnott or bilstein units available to purchase.

I bought some ebay bags but honestly the voodoo you seem to have to do to get the system balanced once you start messing with aftermarket parts (at least that was my take from reading the countless posts on this forum) wasn't really up my street.

That, plus the car is 100k miles and is essentially going to be offroad only, which ups the risk of further air suspension issues, I decided coilovers was the smart choice for me. I didn't want to be stranded somewhere as an air bag failed and I couldn't wheel due to the oversided tires.
Old 06-20-2024, 06:57 AM
PhineasFlynn
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There was a post on Facebook group where someone in Brazil said it was common to make the switch to coils due to price and availability of air components. The person says they recode it for coil springs. Just have not confirmed how.

It is your vehicle, so should be up to you what you do with it. Same happens on RR forums where people say do not do it. People put lowering links on an SUV which I think is crazy, but it is their vehicle, so I do not say don’t do it.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:47 PM
TyreReviews
Instructor

Interesting info, I'll try and dig it out. There was some discussion recently on the cayenne offroad group and no one knew how.

Quick Reply: Any tips on installing the Eurowise 2" lift on springs in the rear?