Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 GTS Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 11:46 PM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

@KCJ given that you stated you are not very handy, and the unfortunate reality that mechanics tend to take advantage of women. I would honestly recommend not purchasing this car, and trust me i love the GTS. If i were you id look for one with 60-70k miles, and spend more for it. This will definitely lower the risk of having all these issues. But a 2013 with 105k miles is right at the time all these problems start. They all do look amazing (picture of mine below), and the interiors are amazing, but if i could go back i would not have purchased one with such high miles.

the problem child that i still love lol
The following users liked this post:
KCJ (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 11:52 PM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KCJ
It’s a small import dealership, and I don’t think they offer warranties. They didn’t mention anything when I was looking. I’m planning to pay cash, and I have funds set aside for repairs and maintenance but now I’m not sure it’s enough. :/
i would guess that everything that happened to me, if i would have taken it to an Indy for everything, would have cost around $7-$8k. Remember this is all in the first 8 months of ownership though. I would say that is worst case scenario though. Your car, most likely, wont have all the issues mine has had. At the dealer that number would be at least double that, if not triple. Because the dealership wont let you bring your own parts, and having to buy brand new Porsche parts would be a astronimical cost increase to all these jobs. I remember calling the dealer just to see how much a front diff costs, it is $2500 for a remanufactured one plus labor which i think they quoted at another $2000. So the diff job alone, at the dealer, would have been $4500.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:54 PM
KCJ
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikescayenne
@KCJ given that you stated you are not very handy, and the unfortunate reality that mechanics tend to take advantage of women. I would honestly recommend not purchasing this car, and trust me i love the GTS. If i were you id look for one with 60-70k miles, and spend more for it. This will definitely lower the risk of having all these issues. But a 2013 with 105k miles is right at the time all these problems start. They all do look amazing (picture of mine below), and the interiors are amazing, but if i could go back i would not have purchased one with such high miles.

the problem child that i still love lol
It’s gorgeous, I love it!!!!
mikescayenne (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 11:59 PM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

the last thing i want to mention is that this site and the people on it, are an absolute treasure! Every single issue i posted about, got immediate replies and everyone was always very helpful and answered all my questions with detail. The porsche community truly is amazing, and the users of this forum have a ton of knowledge about these cars. I wouldn't have been able to do most of these jobs myself without the help of this site.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:05 AM
XS29L9B
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts

We had a 2013 and then a 2014. Both GTS models.

The exhaust note is glorious. Both had/have the full leather inteior including dash and door panels, not the cheap vinyl like so many GTS models had.

They each have carbon fiber trim on dash and door panels, too. I think they were each around $105k new.

Wife wants a 911 now. The 2014 will be up for sale soon. If the right 911 is found.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:05 AM
KCJ
AutoX

Originally Posted by mikescayenne
the last thing i want to mention is that this site and the people on it, are an absolute treasure! Every single issue i posted about, got immediate replies and everyone was always very helpful and answered all my questions with detail. The porsche community truly is amazing, and the users of this forum have a ton of knowledge about these cars. I wouldn't have been able to do most of these jobs myself without the help of this site.
I agree!! I read a bunch of strings before I posted my question and everyone seems so knowledgeable and just super helpful. It made me feel comfortable enough to start a conversation!
mikescayenne (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 12:10 AM
KCJ
AutoX

Originally Posted by XS29L9B
We had a 2013 and then a 2014. Both GTS models.

The exhaust note is glorious. Both had/have the full leather inteior including dash and door panels, not the cheap vinyl like so many GTS models had.

They each have carbon fiber trim on dash and door panels, too. I think they were each around $105k new.

Wife wants a 911 now. The 2014 will be up for sale soon. If the right 911 is found.
Yours sound exactly like this one. The leather dash really makes the interior feel elevated. This one has the GTS sport seats. The only thing I wish it had was cooled seats. It only has heated because of the style of seats. The MSRP on this one was like $108k, I think.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:15 AM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KCJ
Yours sound exactly like this one. The leather dash really makes the interior feel elevated. This one has the GTS sport seats. The only thing I wish it had was cooled seats. It only has heated because of the style of seats. The MSRP on this one was like $108k, I think.
and cooled seats in porsche's work wayyy better than other manufacturers cooled seats. It is a must have option for me in any porsche i buy, i have it in my cayenne and my 911. Its amazing how well they work!

Last edited by mikescayenne; 03-01-2024 at 12:16 AM.
KCJ (03-01-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 07:34 AM
JZ98-993
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Good feedback here and my post wasn’t intended to scare you off but just to share some of the realities of owning these rigs. I was lucky mine was covered under CPO and now all the major issues have been addressed I’ve had no issues and I drive it all the time and look to keep it for a long time. They are good rigs but just make sure to do as much due diligence as possible to find a good one and have some money set aside. I will say they are a unique driving experience, they do everything well and Porsche is not making them like this anymore. This is an suv with an actual soul and feel and I look forward to driving mine daily . Good luck!
KCJ (03-06-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 09:17 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 317 Posts

Counterpoint - I have a 2014 GTS (basically the same) and it has been rock solid. I bought in 2016 with 25k miles and I am now at 152k with barely any repair issues at all. I fixed a door actuator, replaced a slightly leaky valve cover gasket, and fixed a small coolant leak in the Y pipe - that’s it. So in 8 years and 127k miles I’ve spent maybe $3000 at my indy outside of regular old maintenance. I think this is more realistic than the worst case scenarios that some have to deal with - I wouldn’t hesitate to buy my car again if I had the chance. Shoot, the way it looks, drives, sounds, and moves - I’d even buy it with 152k on it. 😜
The following 6 users liked this post by leftlane:
ceeul8r (03-04-2024), jbl16 (03-04-2024), KCJ (03-06-2024), TNelson (03-05-2024), Travis (03-05-2024), XS29L9B (03-05-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-06-2024, 09:09 PM
KCJ
AutoX

Originally Posted by leftlane
Counterpoint - I have a 2014 GTS (basically the same) and it has been rock solid. I bought in 2016 with 25k miles and I am now at 152k with barely any repair issues at all. I fixed a door actuator, replaced a slightly leaky valve cover gasket, and fixed a small coolant leak in the Y pipe - that’s it. So in 8 years and 127k miles I’ve spent maybe $3000 at my indy outside of regular old maintenance. I think this is more realistic than the worst case scenarios that some have to deal with - I wouldn’t hesitate to buy my car again if I had the chance. Shoot, the way it looks, drives, sounds, and moves - I’d even buy it with 152k on it. 😜
Thanks for this!!! I got a little skittish after reading some of the feedback here and in other posts. I really, REALLY like these cars and I’ve been searching all over the country trying to find a GTS with good service history and no accidents. Accident-free seems hard to come by. I also don’t find hardly any that have had any of the major items addressed. They are all over the place price-wise and it’s so hard to tell which ones are actually good vehicles. I found one that was a lot higher priced and am willing to pay a little more for one that’s had all the services, but then the dealer piled on like 4K in “additional” fees and it’s definitely not worth that much extra. I’m trying to stick with 2013-2014 GTS. The one near me looks like a good little car, but it’s been in an accident plus it has a tire pressure sensor light on and they haven’t had it fixed. I understand they’re a small import lot, but I don’t want to buy something that already has an issue. It makes me wonder what else is going on that I can’t see. I was going to have a PPI done on it, but decided their price wasn’t good enough to start out with a repair right off the bat.
ceeul8r (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 10:21 PM
ceeul8r
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You might take a look at Bring a Trailer (BaT). They sell lots of Cayennes on there and you can search back for previous sales of GTS’s. Plus there’s quite a few dealers that sell there and reputation is paramount to them. Don’t know what your budget or where you’re located at. Might take a minute for you to find one to your taste. Most likely I’ll be listing mine there this spring. I originally bought it to replace my 2016 Touareg. But after a year, I’ve just decided the Touareg is a great rig and I don’t need two SUV’s.
KCJ (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 11:04 PM
KCJ
AutoX

Originally Posted by ceeul8r
You might take a look at Bring a Trailer (BaT). They sell lots of Cayennes on there and you can search back for previous sales of GTS’s. Plus there’s quite a few dealers that sell there and reputation is paramount to them. Don’t know what your budget or where you’re located at. Might take a minute for you to find one to your taste. Most likely I’ll be listing mine there this spring. I originally bought it to replace my 2016 Touareg. But after a year, I’ve just decided the Touareg is a great rig and I don’t need two SUV’s.
I’ve never heard of it! I’ll check it out for sure. I’m right in the middle of the Midwest, so it’s easy for me to go just about anywhere for the right car. I have a vehicle, so I’m not in any real rush.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:25 AM
s65e90
Race Car

Received 890 Likes on 603 Posts

I've put about 50k on my gts in the last 2 years. Been a solid daily driver. Always get the higher trim models and you're good is my thought process, the gts and turbo motors are great. I have a super limited option car and prefer the rubber/vinyl dash and door panels, just check all the threads about failed leather panels/dashes. They all will fail and look like **** sooner than later. The vinyl/rubber dash will last forever.
KCJ (03-07-2024)

Quick Reply: 2013 GTS Thoughts?