Sponsored By:

PIWIS II help with KESSY antenna debugging

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 03:13 PM
reissgrant
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PIWIS II help with KESSY antenna debugging

Hey all, searched quite a bit but could not find what I needed. KESSY is not working for me suddenly, "key not recognized" when using the dummy key. Changed battery in FOB, locked unlocked with physical key in the door, then started and FOB unlock, etc etc and did all the other tricks mentioned on here with no luck. I have a working PIWIS II that I've done a few things with but am at a loss on how to debug the antennas for the KESSY. Is that possible with the PIWIS II? I do not see "KESSY" Control Unit in my software but I've seen screenshots on here with that listed as a selectable control unit.

Does anyone know how to debug KESSY with PIWIS II? Any help or insight would be helpful.
Old 01-24-2024, 07:34 PM
reissgrant
AutoX

Checked for the stuck door lock on the door but no signals being sent, same goes for a lil doors.

No KESSY control unit listed so not sure where to go from here.

Old 01-27-2024, 09:53 AM
kvec
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds like the door handle issue that’s pretty common. Check this thread and see if that helps.
Old 01-28-2024, 01:40 PM
reissgrant
AutoX

hey there, thanks for the reply. I've seen your posts which lead me to check the inputs from the doors; the locks do not appear to be sending constant signals - checked this in my first screenshot in post #2. But honestly, I'm not even sure if that is where it would appear or not.
Old 01-31-2024, 11:01 PM
kvec
Instructor

Originally Posted by reissgrant
hey there, thanks for the reply. I've seen your posts which lead me to check the inputs from the doors; the locks do not appear to be sending constant signals - checked this in my first screenshot in post #2. But honestly, I'm not even sure if that is where it would appear or not.
The signals aren't constant. You'd have to be watching the stream as the error goes off to catch it.

It's a short in the handle itself, which causes the circuit to close and the car to believe someone is pressing the button. It then looks for the key next to the handle and, not sensing it (because the key is inside the car), it alerts you that it doesn't recognize it.

I've now dealt with this issue in 4-5 handles. I would be willing to bet your issue is in the handle.
The following users liked this post:
reissgrant (02-01-2024)
Old 02-01-2024, 12:48 PM
reissgrant
AutoX

Thanks kvec, I'll take a closer look at the handles and see if it is the stuck button.
Old 02-01-2024, 11:25 PM
kvec
Instructor

You won't be able to see it, since it's not a stuck button. It's the button electronics inside the handle that are shorting, likely from water intrusion.

Quick Reply: PIWIS II help with KESSY antenna debugging