issue with fuel injector short circuit to ground

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 04:03 PM
cayenne958prob
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issue with fuel injector short circuit to ground

Hello,
three weeks ago I replaced the dreaded pcv valve/diaphragm in the valve cover (2014 cayenne base platinum edition) and during that time I replaced my spark plugs as well (cheap ones from amazon: iridium spark plugs from a-premium).
Car drove great for three weeks but I did notice that my valves were really dirty during the fix so I added liquimoly valve cleaner a few days ago.
Today, engine went on a limp and I got these codes.
Do you think this was because I added liqui moly and just clogged up the fuel cleaner or bad spark plugs or my fuel injector connection just went bad?
Can bad spark plugs cause fuel injector problems?
If I was just getting a misfire in cylinder 1, I would think that the fuel injector connection was bad but misfire in cylinder 1 and 6 makes me think spark plugs are bad?
Is it common for the fuel injector wiring to just go bad?
Sorry for the long post and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by cayenne958prob; 12-22-2023 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2024, 08:59 AM
skythegreat
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenne958prob
Hello,
three weeks ago I replaced the dreaded pcv valve/diaphragm in the valve cover (2014 cayenne base platinum edition) and during that time I replaced my spark plugs as well (cheap ones from amazon: iridium spark plugs from a-premium).
Car drove great for three weeks but I did notice that my valves were really dirty during the fix so I added liquimoly valve cleaner a few days ago.
Today, engine went on a limp and I got these codes.
Do you think this was because I added liqui moly and just clogged up the fuel cleaner or bad spark plugs or my fuel injector connection just went bad?
Can bad spark plugs cause fuel injector problems?
If I was just getting a misfire in cylinder 1, I would think that the fuel injector connection was bad but misfire in cylinder 1 and 6 makes me think spark plugs are bad?
Is it common for the fuel injector wiring to just go bad?
Sorry for the long post and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

u found a solution to this?

Quick Reply: issue with fuel injector short circuit to ground