Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Diesel-prioritize year or mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 08:29 PM
Abdhab
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f35stovl
Hello all,

I have scoured the forums and haven’t found anything specifically, so here’s my question: when looking for a CD, are you prioritizing a newer vehicle or lower mileage if one has to give? Put another way, would you prefer, from a reliability perspective, a 2013 with 83K miles or a 2015 w/ 135k mi (an example, looking for generalized answers though), all other things being as equal as they can be?
Another related question: was 958.2 a big update for the CD? Any major fixes to engine or drivetrain that are lauded for improving reliability?

Thanks!
i second thus
Old 11-22-2023, 10:49 PM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 115 Posts

3 years ago, I bought a 2013 CD with 77K miles, it still had some CPO warranty and a couple years of the dieselgate warranty. 2 years ago it got totaled. Before it got totaled, it had the full reseal covered. I got a 2016 to replace the 2013, it had 77K miles too. Both amazing cars. I think the 2016 looks a ton better, and the steering wheel is 100X better.

I like the fact that the dieselgate warranty is still in place for another 2 years. Although the only things that have gone wrong (other than the ****ty leather dash) is emissions crap (which I will delete the second it is out of warranty).

All of that to say, if you can find one with warranty left, I'd go that way, because it will give you some piece of mind.
Old 11-24-2023, 07:25 PM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 137 Likes on 105 Posts

Always a fan of the facelift on the 15+. They seem to leak oil a lot less. If your planning on living with the car long term, I would prioritize options and looks over miles as these 3.0's seem to run well late into 200k.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

FREE INSTALL KIT AND CAR CHARGER WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP

Quick Reply: Cayenne Diesel-prioritize year or mileage?