Sponsored By:

Reset Throttle Adaptations

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 10:41 AM
Twenty_One
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reset Throttle Adaptations

I couldn't find how to reset this on a 958.2 using the search function. Maybe I missed it?

We just picked up a 16 GTS and and I'd like to reset the throttle adaptations. I've seen several techniques through Google search, but they're all aimed at other Porsche models.

Old 11-09-2023, 01:53 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,975 Likes on 1,763 Posts

What's wrong with the way it reacts now?

How long have you owned the car?
Old 11-09-2023, 01:59 PM
Twenty_One
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
What's wrong with the way it reacts now?

How long have you owned the car?
I've owned it for a week today. There's nothing wrong with it, I just mentioned how much hesitation it has before a hard "hit" in torque and was comparing it to my V8 S. A buddy said that the throttle adaptations could help with that.

If its a big deal, I won't do it. It's not a real issue. It's just nowhere near as smooth.

When I corner and hit the gas, it feels like nothing happens for a second or two and then it launches forward.
Old 11-09-2023, 03:20 PM
BrendonSF
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

There isn't any way to do this without an expensive tool to the best of my knowledge. I doubt it would bring a lot of benefit anyways. The V6 isn't the V8, and from the factory it feels a bit lazy for a 440hp engine. A tune will go a long way towards waking it up.
Old 11-09-2023, 05:53 PM
Twenty_One
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BrendonSF
There isn't any way to do this without an expensive tool to the best of my knowledge. I doubt it would bring a lot of benefit anyways. The V6 isn't the V8, and from the factory it feels a bit lazy for a 440hp engine. A tune will go a long way towards waking it up.
I would love to tune it but I don't want that to void my third party warranty...

Last edited by Twenty_One; 11-09-2023 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-12-2023, 07:26 PM
Twenty_One
Intermediate

I bought a Launch X431. Looks like I can reset the transmission adaptations as well as the throttle adaptations. Should I just leave it alone?
Old 11-13-2023, 09:00 AM
jpru2001
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Twenty_One
I've owned it for a week today. There's nothing wrong with it, I just mentioned how much hesitation it has before a hard "hit" in torque and was comparing it to my V8 S. A buddy said that the throttle adaptations could help with that.

If its a big deal, I won't do it. It's not a real issue. It's just nowhere near as smooth.

When I corner and hit the gas, it feels like nothing happens for a second or two and then it launches forward.
That is just moving from an N/A engine to a turbo. All turbos have turbo lag. Keeping your RPM higher will reduce it...compare the lag in normal mode vs sport mode when you are shifted down a gear or two.
Old 12-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Whitegalaxie
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Reset the throttle adaptation's. Definitely worth doing. Trans is more responsive and weird shift to third is corrected. Costs nothing and your car is like new again

Quick Reply: Reset Throttle Adaptations