Sponsored By:

2016 Cayenne Diesel - Dealer ATF Fluid Change - now leaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 11:50 PM
jsnola
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry 2016 Cayenne Diesel - Dealer ATF Fluid Change - now leaking

I have a 2016 Cayenne Diesel with close to 90,000 miles whose 8 year CPO warranty expires 10/15/23, about 2,000 miles ago I paid my dealer a hefty sum to change my ATF fluid and filter. <<<Precursor: I purchased this car a little over four years ago with 44,000 miles on it. A hindsight observation is that when I would start the car in the morning and put it in drive it would not move as most automatic transmissions do - it would sit still with no brake applied - after it warmed up it behaved normally - it behaved this way consistently for the last four years.>>> After I paid my bill and got the car back I noticed spots in my driveway that looked did not evaporate, I can't speak to them being red - it was just liquid, sort of clearish that would not evaporate like water would. I brought it back thinking it was ATF fluid leaking - they retorqued the bolts and said it was fixed. I then drove on a 500 mile road trip and back (1000 miles total) and found that it was still leaking - there was blow back all under my car - it was again the same thin fluid that would not evaporate. I brought it back (2nd time) they then had it another week and replaced the seal of the pan - I then went on a 260 mile road trip (620 miles total) and again has the same blow back all over the underside of the car and spots under the car - while at my destination I pressure washed the underside of the car, and on my 260 mile return - more blowback all over the underside of the car. I brought it back to the dealer fo the 3rd time. We are 5 days from my CPO expiration date - they are now telling me it is coming from the bleed valve - (I think that is what they said) and saying that the original tech that did the work is out and other techs looked at it - that they "must have overfilled the transmission"..... I am very skeptical of this explanation - based on how the transmission has never leaked all this time and would not move in Drive when cold, and now it moves in drive when cold right off the bat, BUT IS ALSO leaking fluid consistently that there is some flaw in the transmission which did not manifest itself until the fluid was topped up after a change.... Any thoughts are welcome! Pics attached - earlier heavy leak followed by more recent still leaking fluid, but perhaps less.

After First "rework" (return visit to fix leak after paying to have ATF fluid and filter changed)

After First "rework" (return visit to fix leak after paying to have ATF fluid and filter changed)

After Second "rework" (return visit to fix leak after paying to have ATF fluid and filter changed)

After Second "rework" (return visit to fix leak after paying to have ATF fluid and filter changed)

Old 10-10-2023, 07:46 AM
KBell
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 309 Posts

Glad it is shifting/moving better.
They should be able to get this taken care of.
Since this started before your Oct 15 deadline, you will be fine.

For 90,000 miles, the undercarriage and suspension look great.

Keep us informed on how they fix the leak

Good luck

Quick Reply: 2016 Cayenne Diesel - Dealer ATF Fluid Change - now leaking