Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Another Apple CarPlay thread !

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 11:58 AM
jl-c
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Unsure if this is any use, but I had the rear seat entertainment package that I didn't need or want. This uses the TV input in the PCM. I pulled the fuse for the rear displays and added the Mr 12Volt card to the PCM leaving the TV card in. I select MEDIA, TV and all works fine. My reversing camera is stock and all works as it should.
Old 10-16-2023, 01:30 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm confused as to why you would want to stream XM from your phone vs directly from your car's receiver. Now, I get if you have another receiver elsewhere and want to have it in all your cars, that makes sense. But I live out in the west where there are wide open places where I may not have cell service or only enough to make calls but not a good data stream, so streaming from the phone isn't always a good option.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:29 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Just installed the ISUDAR 3.1 kit today. i ordered it direct from ISUDAR.com. Check for coupon codes. I found one that took 10% off that paid for shipping. It came in 3 days from CA warehoue for US orders. THe packaging was good and the links to the instructional videos were excellent. i noticed that my PCB had a 2022 date code with Version 3.x inked on the board. They included all the 2.5mm spacers to get it installed with Sirius XM module. The startup splash screens are good and happy with the GUI in general. Researching the heck out of the ISUDAR units, I was aware of previous versions missing hardware or clunky interfaces. It seems that they corrected all that and responded to the feedback from customers.
I did notice that I needed to power cycle the unit after intial startup to get bluetooh working. At first I was worried that I broke the antenna. Glad I took a break before ripping everything apart.
I am now reading about the HDD upgrade now. Wich I saw that earlier. Guess I get to take the PCM out again....

Quick Reply: Another Apple CarPlay thread !