Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

seat cover recommendations..

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022 | 11:35 PM
11bravo
Rennlist Member

Default seat cover recommendations..

With the black interior, and sitting outside 24/7, my Cayenne could use a set of seat covers. I want to keep it looking nice, and not faded. Anyone buy any covers they like? I want it to go over the headrest for a reasonable fit, not just a flap of material that you tie in place.

Thanks for any help.

Jim
Old 07-16-2022 | 01:35 AM
Trio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 11bravo
With the black interior, and sitting outside 24/7, my Cayenne could use a set of seat covers. I want to keep it looking nice, and not faded. Anyone buy any covers they like? I want it to go over the headrest for a reasonable fit, not just a flap of material that you tie in place.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

I have had good luck with CalTrend in California, custom made seat covers to your specific vehicle model. Lots of choices in materials. and reasonably priced. Once you order online they call you to verify make, model and type of seat prior to going into production. Usually a 2 week turnaround. I have probably bought 8 sets over the years for different vehicles, but never for a high end interior like the Cayenne. Mostly trucks and other SUVs. Hard to put on, but fit tight and don't move around.

I hear Clazzio makes exceptional covers, also custom fit, but $$$. No direct experience with those.
Old 07-16-2022 | 08:30 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Make sure you cover the dash, at least while the Cayenne is parked.
Old 07-16-2022 | 01:59 PM
11bravo
Rennlist Member

Thanks, trio. I will check out Catrend.

I have a dash windshield cover from my Vette that puts the entire dash in the shade. Shall I assume that not to do so will lead to damage?

Jim
Old 07-16-2022 | 02:26 PM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 11bravo
I have a dash windshield cover from my Vette that puts the entire dash in the shade. Shall I assume that not to do so will lead to damage?
Leather dashes are pretty susceptible to damage...they tend to curl and shrink. I think yours has the standard dash, tho. In either case, I would definitely keep the hot sun off the dash.

Or maybe build a garage.
Old 07-17-2022 | 12:43 PM
craig001
Drifting

I used Wet Okele seat covers on my past p-cars.
Old 09-12-2023 | 10:02 AM
Julesress
2nd Gear

To keep your Porsche Cayenne's black interior looking nice and prevent fading, opt for custom-fit seat covers designed specifically for your model year. Look for covers made from durable materials like neoprene seat covers or synthetic leather that offer UV protection. Ensure the seat covers have a dedicated headrest cover for a secure fit without obstructing functionality.

Last edited by lml999; 09-12-2023 at 10:21 AM. Reason: No vendor links allowed
Old 09-12-2023 | 10:19 AM
lml999
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Julesress
To keep your Porsche Cayenne's black interior looking nice and prevent fading, opt for custom-fit seat covers designed specifically for your model year. Look for covers made from durable materials like neoprene seat covers or synthetic leather that offer UV protection. Ensure the seat covers have a dedicated headrest cover for a secure fit without obstructing functionality.
Ugg. I paid good money for my ventilated leather seats. I can't imagine covering nice leather seats with neoprene. If you take good care of your leather, it will last for decades. (Unless you live in Arizona and park outside year round...)

Flashback to sitting on Grandma's sofa...
The following users liked this post:
NYoutftr (12-17-2023)
Old 09-19-2023 | 08:44 AM
Gforce1108
Advanced

Remonds me of a buddy that wrapped his new car's floor mats in garbage bags for the entire time he owned the car. New owner got to enjoy them. I used it as an analogy after he got divorced - don't forget to enjoy the present while spending all your time worrying about the future.
The following users liked this post:
lml999 (09-19-2023)
Old 12-15-2023 | 10:18 AM
Demartin
2nd Gear

Protecting the Cayenne's interior from fading due to constant exposure can be a challenge. I found some car seat covers made of durable materials like neoprene that provide excellent protection against fading. Look for covers with a tailored fit that covers the entire seat, including the headrests, for a snug and secure fit.
Old 12-15-2023 | 01:49 PM
11bravo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Demartin
Protecting the Cayenne's interior from fading due to constant exposure can be a challenge. I found some car seat covers made of durable materials like neoprene that provide excellent protection against fading. Look for covers with a tailored fit that covers the entire seat, including the headrests, for a snug and secure fit.
Thank you. I did find some like that, and they have worked well. The interior still looks good after 175K.
Old 08-30-2024 | 01:42 AM
Deertens
2nd Gear

I’ve got Wet Okole seat covers on my car, and they’re excellent. They’re custom-fit, so they cover everything, including the headrests, and don’t move around like some cheaper covers. The neoprene material they use is top-notch, and it’s kept my black interior looking fresh, even though my car’s outside all day.

Quick Reply: seat cover recommendations..