Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2024, 08:25 PM
isarkis
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garrett376
I'd use the factory stuff:N 91097101 Steel screw, M6 x 30

99902519330 Aluminium washer

You don't want a steel screw against the magnesium of the valve cover - which is why the aluminum washer is crucial - as it will eventually corrode the valve cover and cost a lot more than using the correct stuff.
do I still want to torque these steel bolts to 4 Nm+90 ?
Old 08-12-2024, 12:26 PM
assyrianme
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I found a coolant leak spraying this all over. It worked.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:17 AM
diy&wrench
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No trouble at all to remove if broken the bolt holes are through drilled and tapped. Get a right angle attachment for a drill , a small drill bit with hex, and a spring punch. center punch the bolt and then drill. You wont get far before the bolt screws deeper. Just keep going until it falls out on the floor. literally that simple. I had the exact same problems you did 6 months ago. Don't be scared piece of cake.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:23 AM
diy&wrench
8th Gear

Also, just buy the aluminum bolts...FCP euro lifetime replacement.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:34 AM
isarkis
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by diy&wrench
No trouble at all to remove if broken the bolt holes are through drilled and tapped. Get a right angle attachment for a drill , a small drill bit with hex, and a spring punch. center punch the bolt and then drill. You wont get far before the bolt screws deeper. Just keep going until it falls out on the floor. literally that simple. I had the exact same problems you did 6 months ago. Don't be scared piece of cake.
In my case oil is dripping from the bolt in the back corner near cylinder 4. It’s the most difficult bolt to get to. It will be a nightmare if that bolt is broken. I think @garrett376 had same bolt broken and he somehow got it out.
Old 08-15-2024, 02:10 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 623 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by isarkis
In my case oil is dripping from the bolt in the back corner near cylinder 4. It’s the most difficult bolt to get to. It will be a nightmare if that bolt is broken. I think @garrett376 had same bolt broken and he somehow got it out.
Yes, mine broke and would not just "fall on the floor" - it was frozen in there. It had to be drilled out and tapped which was an ordeal finding something to fit and angle properly as there is no room back there to approach it at the proper angle: the ABS/brake hydraulic lines are in the way. After tapping it, I used a steel screw on that one - and all other hard to access screws, since I never want to deal with that problem again!
Old 08-16-2024, 12:02 AM
diy&wrench
8th Gear

Yeah mine was back bolt too...actually on both sides. get the right angle drill attachment I used a Milwaukee one from home Depot. Feel underneath where the bolt is you will find that it goes all the way through. Do the spring punch and get a small drill to start and size up. if you don't like this method get some ez out screws. once I had the valve cover off it was maybe a 10min ordeal. tightening the new bolt in now that was a pain. hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Oil leak