Sponsored By:

Lithium Battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 02:22 PM
Munkustrap
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I applaud you for thinking ahead and keeping up with better technology.....BUT:

The Cayenne has a superbly-placed battery, for both longevity and center-of-gravity. The AGM batteries are pretty inexpensive and typically last far longer than just about with any other car. (My CDs had an average battery life of 9 years, and still pretty strong)

Although lithium/lithium ion/lithium-derived batteries are far advanced, the Cayenne remains with a conventional charging/monitoring circuit. PLEASE consider just keeping the battery and car technology "in sync" with each other. You will avoid unexpected issues and will be money positive and aggravation negative.
Old 06-11-2024, 02:30 PM
Munkustrap
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Matteson
1. I don't like being forced to use a Porsche battery.
2. I think the Antigravity battery might last longer.
3. The Antigravity battery has RE-START Technology: Wireless Jump-Starting built-in; just press the button on the included Keyfob remote.
"INCLUDED KEYFOB REMOTE"

Those are the equivalent words to "CLICKBAIT" when it comes to your Porsche. Please do not pollute it with cheap, reverse-engineered, non-robust Chinese products. The explosion (hopefully not literally) of these quickly produced and immediately marketed products are asking for trouble.

It's like substituting a $5.00 Chinese mainspring for a $50.00 Genuine Rolex mainspring. There's an engineering, reliability, and manufacturing difference and you risk unseen and unexpected hazards that could destroy your Porsche. Hard Pass on this one. If mean, look at their response here - obviously deeply translated and AI-enhanced.

Not from Zuffenhausen or Leipzig.

Quick Reply: Lithium Battery