Sponsored By:

Weird shifting M D

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 11:42 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Weird shifting M D

Hey guys. I had something weird happen to me today. On my 13 CS, I put the car in D and started to drive and the car was reving up to 3000 RPM and wouldn't shift so I manually shifted using the manual shifter paddle on the steering wheel. I looked at the dash and both M and D were lit up at the same time. I double checked the shifter position to make sure I didn't accidently put it in M. It was in D. I pulled over, shut the car off started it up again.

Another time, same thing happened except it was just in D. I did the same thing, shut the car off and started back up. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?
Old 07-27-2021, 11:24 AM
volcanogts
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

When you have it in Drive and manually up or downshift it with a paddle or the shifter it goes into manual shift mode for a few seconds, and both m and d would light up. After a few seconds it shifts automatically again and only d would be lit up.

Maybe you unintentionally hit something pushing it into temporary manual mode?
Old 07-27-2021, 01:39 PM
dc1225
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by volcanogts
When you have it in Drive and manually up or downshift it with a paddle or the shifter it goes into manual shift mode for a few seconds, and both m and d would light up. After a few seconds it shifts automatically again and only d would be lit up.

Maybe you unintentionally hit something pushing it into temporary manual mode?
Hey thanks for your comments. I was not aware and I was able to test this out. This is entirely possible as I was thinking something was wrong with the transmission. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Weird shifting M D