Sponsored By:

958 GTS Pedal Commander

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 12:46 PM
jamiepstewart
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 958 GTS Pedal Commander

I have only one complaint about my 958.1 GTS: the throttle lag when not in sport mode. Makes me crazy. In researching a solution, the Pedal Commander seems to fix this annoyance. Many of the Macan owners swear by them. Im hesitant installing this device given the lack of data for our Cayennes / cause and effect - short and long term, if any. I dont want to drive around full time in sport mode given the loudness of the secondary cat delete. Does anyone of any experience with the Pedal Commander? Or may know of a better (factory if it exists) solution?

Thanks to all!
Old 06-09-2021, 01:02 PM
luciano136
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts

That's how I felt about my S4. I have to say the GTS is a non-issue for me; feels pretty direct.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:07 PM
jamiepstewart
Rennlist Member

Having owned just a few Cayennes, the lag has always been an annoyance. My Turbo S made up for it in brute force whereas the GTS needs to "think" before responding. I agree with you on the S4 as well.

Originally Posted by luciano136
That's how I felt about my S4. I have to say the GTS is a non-issue for me; feels pretty direct.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:23 PM
luciano136
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by jamiepstewart
Having owned just a few Cayennes, the lag has always been an annoyance. My Turbo S made up for it in brute force whereas the GTS needs to "think" before responding. I agree with you on the S4 as well.
Too bad they no longer make a manual; that really solves the problem . At least the Sport mode is usable on the GTS. On the S4, sport (or dynamic) was more like Sport Plus on a Porsche; too aggressive for normal driving.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:01 PM
zerospeed
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jamiepstewart
I have only one complaint about my 958.1 GTS: the throttle lag when not in sport mode. Makes me crazy. In researching a solution, the Pedal Commander seems to fix this annoyance. Many of the Macan owners swear by them. Im hesitant installing this device given the lack of data for our Cayennes / cause and effect - short and long term, if any. I dont want to drive around full time in sport mode given the loudness of the secondary cat delete. Does anyone of any experience with the Pedal Commander? Or may know of a better (factory if it exists) solution?

Thanks to all!
I have used the Pedal Commander product on another vehicle and in my opinion it did what it is stated to do...No additional HP, just quicker throttle response. Ran the product for a year without any issues.

For my 2016 S, I currently use a similar product "Sprint Booster" and it also does improve the throttle response. Set to Sport Mode 6. Does it solve all, no but it improves the "lag" in my opinion.
Installation is simple and can be remove just as easily if needed. I went with the Sprint Booster due to the size of the control unit (small).

Here is a link for a discount (I have not used it) listed in the classified section.
​​​​​​Sprint Booster Rennlist only Discount Code!! - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Link discussing the Sprint Booster.
​​​​​​Anyone using Sprint booster or Pedal Commander? Feedback Appreciated - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Racechip makes a similar product and I believe Remus may offer one as well, you will have to check actual application to your model.

Last edited by zerospeed; 06-09-2021 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:33 PM
jamiepstewart
Rennlist Member

Thanks Zerospeed for your feedback and suggestion. My comfort with a throttle device is higher with the Sprint Booster, moreso than the Pedal Commander. I am inching closer to buying one to solve that pesky lag problem. I am going to check out if Racechip has known success / failure stories as well.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:55 PM
Ripking
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

have been thinking about one of these as well for the ole CTT, the acceleration lag in normal mode is absolutely brutal. Does it impact the throttle response in reverse too or only in drive?
Old 06-10-2021, 08:14 AM
Tim Matar
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you tried the throttle reset procedure?

turn ignition in for 60s
turn ignition off for 5s
turn ignition on 15s
turn ignition off

search for Bao Do post on Porsche Cayenne Owners club FB group for more discussion as to the difference some have experienced. I noticed an improvement in my 958.1 S.

cheers,

Tim
Old 06-10-2021, 09:31 AM
jamiepstewart
Rennlist Member

Bao Do is the one who started me down this journey of looking at these devices. I will try the On/Off procedure too. Thanks for sharing it.
The following users liked this post:
Tim Matar (06-10-2021)
Old 08-28-2021, 04:50 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you happen to install this?

my 12 S I wouldn't mind a quicker throttle response but I don't see much on this does it affect my tune?
Old 08-28-2021, 07:09 PM
jamiepstewart
Rennlist Member

Default Results

I finally installed the Sprint Booster. Very easy to install. It absolutely made an improvement in gas pedal responsiveness. Porsche definitely has the pedal on conservative side by comparison. On the SprintBooster you can change the response settings from 1-9. I’m debating between 3 and 4. I find 3 is a happy balance for most daily driving. I really like this little mod... probably way overdue. Very usable.
The following 2 users liked this post by jamiepstewart:
aforestoftrees (12-20-2021), jpru2001 (08-28-2021)
Old 08-28-2021, 09:51 PM
twodollardoug
Three Wheelin'

Received 346 Likes on 241 Posts

I wonder if it would make a difference on a turbo?

Quick Reply: 958 GTS Pedal Commander