Anyone using Sprint booster or Pedal Commander? Feedback Appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 11:04 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,961 Likes on 937 Posts
Default Anyone using Sprint booster or Pedal Commander? Feedback Appreciated

Hello all

I am thinking about adding a Sprint booster or similar product to my 958 GTS. Slow laggy on/off throttle response has been an issue for me from the very beginning.

In mostly city or rural (under 55 mph) driving, the car either has crappy throttle response or goes all out and bonkers when the pedal is pressed beyond a certain point, There seems to be no linear mode where tq surges as throttle is applied.

I am told sprint booster like products can fix most of that issue.

Please respond if you have used Sprint booster, pedal commander or similar products and share your feedback

Thank you
Old 08-26-2019, 11:47 AM
Joe Weinstein
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I am considering such. In the street I don't have too much of a problem, but when I tried autocrossing and needed instant power at an apex, the pedal was like it was signaling a desk clerk to check in the back to see if there was any power to deliver. He always came back with some, but by then I'd coasted half-way to the next corner.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:13 PM
maxspeeds
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm considering a Pedal Commander on my 958 CTT. Has anyone installed it with good results? I feel the throttle response is laggy. Is this recommended, or should i force the ECU to relearn my driving style? Car was purchased 4 months ago from an elderly couple
Old 12-21-2020, 03:53 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I have not tried a Pedal Commander but considering how much more linear I find the throttle in Sport mode, maybe this would give me similar feel in non-Sport?
Old 12-21-2020, 04:03 PM
maxspeeds
Advanced

It seems to be popular with macans: https://www.macanforum.com/threads/p...ssions.167399/ so i'm surprised i have not read more about it on the cayenne forums.

There are four settings: Eco, City, Sport & Sport Plus and within each setting, it can be increased 4x or decreased 4x.

The pedal commander website currently has a $50 off special until Christmas. I'm trying to decide on one before the special is up.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:05 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,541 Likes on 1,583 Posts

I tried a sprint booster long ago. It didn't fix any problems. Just made existing problems more magnified. It doesn't re-map your pedal, it just amplifies whatever you're doing. You can do the same thing by just pressing your right foot further.

Old 12-21-2020, 06:15 PM
maxspeeds
Advanced

Thank you for your experience. This is kind of what i was fearing the results would be. Especially since it doesn't come up in any searches through the Cayenne forums.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:58 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Had sprintbooster on my 957 turbo. Have it on my 958 base now. It's hard to explain but i wouldn't drive it without one.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Sprint booster or Pedal Commander? Feedback Appreciated