Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Softronic Tune on 958.2 Cayenne GTS - Review / Experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 08:48 PM
wcpfour
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to be argumentative, but I never experienced this in the 3k+ miles I drove, including this same drive to Denver, prior to installing the Softronic tune. I've also only occasionally experienced the boost surging at home in CA, and only experienced the cruise control boost fluctuations when driving at altitude in the Rockies and on a fill of UT or CO gasoline. And in those instances, I did not experience any real loss in speed. With cruise on, it would hold the speed but add a little boost and then cut it, as if it was a switch hanging between on/off and balancing there. I can pull the tune back to stock and have the dealer look into it, I suppose. I'm still within my CPO warranty, and I have a friendly dealer (they have a performance and tuning department) who might be able to shed some light on this as well.

Driving back to LA this weekend, will be interesting to see if it's equally noticeable.

Last edited by wcpfour; 06-21-2023 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:34 PM
RhinoComp
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by wcpfour
Not to be argumentative, but I never experienced this in the 3k+ miles I drove, including this same drive to Denver, prior to installing the Softronic tune. I've also only occasionally experienced the boost surging at home in CA, and only experienced the cruise control boost fluctuations when driving at altitude in the Rockies and on a fill of UT or CO gasoline. And in those instances, I did not experience any real loss in speed. With cruise on, it would hold the speed but add a little boost and then cut it, as if it was a switch hanging between on/off and balancing there. I can pull the tune back to stock and have the dealer look into it, I suppose. I'm still within my CPO warranty, and I have a friendly dealer (they have a performance and tuning department) who might be able to shed some light on this as well.

Driving back to LA this weekend, will be interesting to see if it's equally noticeable.
Wanted to follow back up on this, did you ever end up replacing your diverter valves and determine if it remedied the issues you were having?

I noticed this week as I was climbing a steep 12% grade hill that it seems my diverter valves are potentially leaking by and I had a good amount of trouble accelerating up the hill, or even building boost under part throttle for that matter, on a hill I can usually traverse up in 7th gear at 50. I also took another long road trip to Montana a month or two back and during some of the longer stretches of that drive that I still had some cruise control issues like you mentioned, though "different" from before the software update like I mentioned. I could at least get full power if I gave it throttle whereas before the software update I could put my foot to the floor and not build any boost in the worst situations. I'm also still on stock tune as I've really wanted to fully figure this out before trying to add more power into the equation.

Last edited by RhinoComp; 09-13-2023 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Softronic Tune on 958.2 Cayenne GTS - Review / Experience