Sponsored By:

958.2 AC Condensation leaking into footwell

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 02:49 PM
ledbette
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default 958.2 AC Condensation leaking into footwell

I'm really starting to wonder who Porsche paid off to get high quality ratings. From what I've seen of the Cayenne thus far, way too many problems.

Suffering another apparently common issue... leaking A/C condensation into the footwell. Apparently there is a design issue with a flap in the AC unit that causes condensation to collect. Dealer says sometimes the owner hears it sloshing back and forth. I got warm water dripping on my right foot in the driver's side, followed by about 1/4 cup dripping onto the floor in the passenger side. At least we have rubber floormats, and the fix is only $70.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:25 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

You might spend some time with the DIY forum. That's covered in some detail complete with photos and drawings and all that to make it interesting.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:37 PM
ledbette
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks. I didn't see that in the list on first examination. The dealer knew exactly what the problem was and said there is a mod for that flapper to fix the issue permanently for $70. We'll see if that works. Otherwise, at least I know where to look. You would think after 10 years of cars having this problem they would have made a design change to fix this by now.

Quick Reply: 958.2 AC Condensation leaking into footwell