Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Looking for aftermarket Crossbar for 958.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 10:16 PM
Chris Barracuda
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

These are 50cm with the “evo” podium feet.

Old 11-01-2021, 06:17 PM
cathalferris
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

After some 27 years of experience with various flavours of roofrack and crossbars, I am 100% fully supportive of Thule upper-end products, every time. I've not had a failure in their products, and the fitting has been so much easier than some of the others. They are properly engineered (not over- or under-engineered) and the previous roofrack incarnations on my A4 estate and Q7 took all of the significant punishment I could give them and kept working without a problem.

I do prefer the aero shape bars for quietness, especially since my more recent cars are as quiet inside as they are. The square bars will function very well and may need some tape on unclosed slots to prevent whistling, especially if you source them secondhand. If a little bit of streamlining and quieter airflow is important, then I would strongly recommend any of the aero bars.
The following users liked this post:
lml999 (02-05-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 10:27 PM
astro4s
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroblade Edge Size

Originally Posted by lml999
So...here's an update for the archives. I set up my Thule Aeroblade edges (had to order straps, I lost them) on the Cayenne. It looks pretty stealth...but while the panoramic roof will *tilt* open, it will not *slide* open with the bars in the factory requested position. The bar sits just a bit low and the feet interfere with the edge of the roof. Not a problem for me, as usually my roof is tilted open, or fully closed.

I also have a set of regular aero bars with feet that sit higher...but I prefer the stealth look... If I need more bar, I can always use those. These will probably fit one kayak nicely but not two, or two or three bikes but maybe not four....

What I need them to fit right now is 4x8 plywood ripped down to 16" width for garage shelving/cabinetry. I don't think *that* will be a problem.

hi sir! Do you remember what size Aeroblade Edge you used? Looking for this same setup but can’t find much info on whether to go with a medium or large? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Looking for aftermarket Crossbar for 958.2