Sponsored By:

2015 Cayenne S Diesel - Chassis system failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 05:52 AM
Shalabert
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Cayenne S Diesel - Chassis system failure

Having trouble with my air suspension. Warranty just ended in December. Please help.
I have read around for hours, but can't seem to find the exact same problem.

I can start my mentioning its cold up here in Norway. -10*C, I think its 14 F, and Im parking outside.
Two days ago I heard a cracking noise from below passenger seat (compressor?) for about 1-2 seconds, I got "chassis system failure" and the 40a fuse was blown.
Yesterday I went to a nearby car repair to read the diagnostics. Fault on level sensor and compressor. He erased the faults and replaced the fuse, and everything worked as normal. (This was inside with good temperature).
This morning I heard the same crackling noise for only 1 second and I got "chassis system failure" again. Fuse blown. I measured the height all around and front right was maybe 1/3 inch lower.

Called back to the auto shop and they want to change compressor. Could the problem me something else here? Relay, level sensor, air leak etc. ?

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2021, 05:06 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,782 Posts

You're blowing a fuse. If it's the fuse to the compressor, sounds like a bad compressor. How much do they want to fix it?
Old 02-10-2021, 04:38 AM
Shalabert
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
You're blowing a fuse. If it's the fuse to the compressor, sounds like a bad compressor. How much do they want to fix it?
Its the 40A nr. 56 in the left side fuse box. "Leveling system compressor relay."

Im waiting for price.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:31 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Once the air suspension fails - the truth is you will be playing smack the mole until you replace all four struts, the compressor and typically the distribution block. Google air strut rebuild or the like- there are several firms that will sell you rebuilt struts and warranty them for as long as you own the car and some have conversion kits to install regular struts and springs and abandon the air shock system. Typically these struts system is not even covered by the warranty.

dealers will of course only install brand new air shocks at depressingly high cost.

the upside over coil springs is that as long as the air shocks are in good condition - the car rides identically every year after year while coil springs slowly soften as the miles rack up.

years back the air shocks new were $1500 each and the compressor $1500 also plus labor — at a dealer.

Older luxury cars with air shocks are cheap for this very high expense problem that will Guarantee to require a large cash investment every 60,000 miles plus or minus 10,000 miles. They are a wear item - like brake pads.

if you want to buy an older Panamera - buy the base model with a simple coil spring and regular shocks.

Quick Reply: 2015 Cayenne S Diesel - Chassis system failure