Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Transfer Case Fluids: Audi/VW Dual Clutch ATF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 03:10 PM
Rich French
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer Case Fluids: Audi/VW Dual Clutch ATF?

Has anyone used this lubricant for changing out the transfer case fluid in a 2011 porsche cayenne TT?
It appears my independent porsche service provider used part number go52182a2 for my transfer case fluid change with an additive 8890030. I pulled up the part number and found this to be a dual clutch transmission fluid.
I was going to change out my TC fluid but I am not sure about using this fluid. It has worked great, it did solve a clunking noise problem, but I can't find where anyone else as used this (they may have entered in the wrong part number?) Everyone else used Ravenol.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:18 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Welcome to the Forum Rich,

It appears you have been reading the extensive discussion of transfer case oils that is in the "stickies" section - great. There are oil recommendations and reviews there. There is no recommendation for using PDK (Porsche-Dual-Klutchnick) and I'd suggest strongly against experimenting at the whim of your independent. I would ask them to use one of the fluids specified for the Porsche transfer case and nothing else. The Ravenol oil is specified by the manufacturer as being compatible with this specific transfer case. The additive he put in was probably a friction modifier - which people here have used - usually for transfer cases that don't completely "cure" themselves with a fluid change. Results have been OK - but unwarranted use of a friction modifier IMHO could cause damage by itself (excessive plate slippage = heat and wear.)

IMHO: Go with what's known to work.

The following users liked this post:
Rich French (12-21-2020)

Quick Reply: Transfer Case Fluids: Audi/VW Dual Clutch ATF?