Sponsored By:

Coolant tank replacement -2014 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 08:23 AM
jeffro22
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant tank replacement -2014 Platinum

Have been getting a check coolant level warning almost every time we start vehicle. Temp gauge also pegs but then It goes away after 10-15 seconds, I am hoping that a new coolant tank with built in sensor is the fix.

Has anyone swapped this out? Looking for a little help on how to remove. Found a few YouTube videos but all were for v8 models and were different

I have the 3.6 gas engine
Old 11-24-2020, 01:51 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

If the coolant sensor on your Platinum is at all similar to the ones used on the V8 cars - I see no way for it to actually "fail" - it's simply 2 pins that stick into the coolant fill neck at the minimum coolant level.

Have you checked the coolant level with the vehicle cold? On the V8's you can look down the fill tube and see if the pins are covered by coolant. If yours are when the engine is cold, I'd be looking at the wiring going to the coolant reservoir, It sounds as if something is amiss.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:59 PM
jeffro22
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
If the coolant sensor on your Platinum is at all similar to the ones used on the V8 cars - I see no way for it to actually "fail" - it's simply 2 pins that stick into the coolant fill neck at the minimum coolant level.

Have you checked the coolant level with the vehicle cold? On the V8's you can look down the fill tube and see if the pins are covered by coolant. If yours are when the engine is cold, I'd be looking at the wiring going to the coolant reservoir, It sounds as if something is amiss.
thanks for the info. Ill check it out and let you know. I found another post where it had same issue and was just slightly low on coolant. only reason I though it was a faulty sensor is because the temp gauge was pegging also (and engine was completely cold)
Old 11-24-2020, 09:57 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffro22
thanks for the info. Ill check it out and let you know. I found another post where it had same issue and was just slightly low on coolant. only reason I though it was a faulty sensor is because the temp gauge was pegging also (and engine was completely cold)
That's the low coolant warning that shows when you turn the key on with a cold engine and low coolant. It appears quite a bit more drastic than it really is usually.

Quick Reply: Coolant tank replacement -2014 Platinum