Sponsored By:

Over heating issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 10:24 AM
Jeff Weis
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over heating issue

I have a 2012 Cayenne v6. This morning i drove the car about 2 miles and the temp. gauge jumped from 200 degrees to 250 degrees instantly. I stopped the car, turned it off and checked the fluid tank. The tank over flowed about a cup of antifreeze. The electric fan was running and there was a sporadic whine coming from the rear of the engine, like an electric pump was trying to work intermittently. I got back into the car started it up and proceeded to drive it home. The gauge would drop back to 200 degrees and then jump to 250 degrees and then back down to 200 degrees at random times and intervals during the 2 mile drive home. Once home and in the garage, I got out of the car and there was a slight odor of antifreeze.

Where should I start looking? Does the car have and electric water pump? I just got the car back from the dealer over the weekend after having the transfer case and battery replaced. Could this be the cause. It has also started having other issues since the repair. AC not working. PCM screen not turning on but the radio works, drivers seat memory resetting the seat to various unprogrammed locations.

Ant advise would be appreciated.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:45 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,156 Likes on 764 Posts

Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum.

Last/first - the drivers seat can be expected to do that if the battery was replaced without a memory-maintainer connected to the car (something to keep 12.6V going in the system when the battery is out.) Normal. Teach the seat end-limits (owners manual describes that somewhere in it's 600 pages) and then you can reset the memory positions.

There is an auxiliary electric water pump that is used to "REST" air - the option to have heat in the car from the residual engine heat when the engine is off. I don't know where it is on the V6, on the V8's it's somewhere behind the engine in the engine compartment.

Since this happened so soon after a dealer visit - I'd ask the dealer what they're going to do about it...
Old 10-13-2020, 09:18 PM
Jeff Weis
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

The seat reset occurred prior to the battery replacement. I was hoping that the system would get reset when the battery was replaced. Alas, this was not the case. I get the strangest codes. For example, when the wind shield washer reservoir is low the warming message on the dash appears but I also get the oil over filled message. It goes away eventually, if it feels like it.